+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rod Wrapper

Hybrid View

Default Rod Wrapper

Are there any rod wrappers out besides the Sully that operates in such a way that you can take a break in the middle of a wrap and then pick up right where you left off?

TENSION!

I havent seen a wrapper yet that if you have the tension adjustment set too tight....that when you let loose of it wouldnt unroll like an old window roller blind!

I have a wooden wrapper here I bought from somewhere out west??..when I started that I couldnt get the tension EXACTLY like I wanted it...so Id just keep it loose and kept tension on the thread manually.

Later on I bought a Clemons ( Identical to a Renzetti) with an 8 spool head and stuck the wooden one away. The Clemons has about as fine a tension control as I guy could want

Default Hi Sully

Actually, Sully, the Sully wrapper does just that, but it sells for $150 to $190. I was hoping someone knew of one that operated that way and was cheaper.
    Bruce

I tie with a manual one now, which was given to me and of which I'm very appreciative. But, as soon as you stop wrapping, the thread goes limp and unravels some.

Quote Originally Posted by lastchance View Post
    Are there any rod wrappers out besides the Sully that operates in such a way that you can take a break in the middle of a wrap and then pick up right where you left off?
    Take a look at this web site...I built one similar and you can stop the wrap anytime you want.

Brad

http://www.therodshop.biz/ecowrapper.htm

Blog Entries

I have the Sully, and it is awesome. It is worth every bit of it if you are wrapping very much. And yes, it does stop and hold at any point. A very nice feature, IMO. I don't know of any cheaper options, though.
    Better to be an active environmentalist than and environmental activist.

FFMIRSWTNBOF
    (Full Fledged Member in Raunchy Standing-Within The NBOF)

Bruce,
    I have the Cabelas one that I got ten years ago, and it's still going strong.40 bucks
    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...233&hasJS=true
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Blog Entries

I agree with Sully. It's all in the tension. I made my rod wrapper and you can see my tension setup in my first blog article. It works fine and is easy to set. I set my tension, now, so that I let go and have it stick, but anymore tension would do the window shade thing.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

On the ones that I use I put a piece of round elastic cord, available at your craft or sewing center, over the blank on the V block.

Holds the blank in place while you work and will keep it in place while you go eat dinner. Some of the V block units are using Velcro to hold the blank but will not keep in place as well as the elastic.

The first one was a couple of nails in the wood, a loop in the elastic and stretched over and tied the other end to the nail.

GJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom1 View Post
    Take a look at this web site...I built one similar and you can stop the wrap anytime you want.

Brad

http://www.therodshop.biz/ecowrapper.htm
    What did you use (if you did) and where did you purchase the "constant" tension wire from?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    What did you use (if you did) and where did you purchase the "constant" tension wire from?
    Mojo
    I made them from music wire bought at the model airplane shop. I will try and get a picture posted ASAP.

Brad

+ Reply to Thread