Since Norm got it started with swap postage tips, I thought I'd share a few other swap tips, but feel free to post on this thread any other swap tips you might have.

"Toe tags" are just as important as proper shipping and postage and can be interpreted many ways. The main point is to attach something with some info about the fly and tyer. Very irritating as a swap Meister to get a box of loose flies with no form of identification

Norm got me started a few years ago printing recipe cards which now always include my name&handle, pattern name and recipe. I buy packs of 250 business cards at the close-out stores whenever I see them, and have never paid more than $3 for 250 (10 cards per page). Avery templates are downloaded free for all the major word processing programs. Type up one card and print 10 per page. You'd be surprised at how much you can really print on a business card. Now, if you don't have a printer, then all this is a moot point.

I also use small 3"x4" zip-lock baggies found at most craft stores, also for about a penny or 2 per bag. For swap flies, I staple the hook to the card and put a staple through the hook eye and attach to the card then put in the baggie. A very clean look, and for most flies this protects the fly more than it smashes it.

Some might think this is a lot of extra work, but like many tyers, I try to show a little pride in my flies, especially for swaps. The cards can be typed and printed faster than writing out 12 slips of paper with your name and pattern on them, then having to cut them out.