Ladyfisher,kids hunting is still around here in Mt.my kids already know that a gun is a tool that you use carefully and sparingly
that hunting is something you do with the greatest of care and respect that you eat what you shoot and that you don't shoot unless you can shoot straight.
It's not the good old days when you could pull into the school parking lot with 2 rifles hanging in the back window and as like as not the principal would walk by and ask what you were
hunting and what brand model and caliber your guns were.If your were to pull into that same parking lot today with a brace of rifles hanging in the rack you would be face down in the pavement and picking gravel out of your teeth so fast that your head would spin! So the big question is what has changed in society so much in the 20 years since I was high school?I know that respect isn't what it used to be.A few weeks ago I was called as a witness at a disorderly conduct trial.in late september my daughter
and I had been out fishing and decided to stop at the local mini-mart for a snack well here we are standing in line and this yahoo in front of us starts slinging profanities at the store clerk.You should of seen the look on his face when I told him to shut his mouth before he got it closed for him I then proceeded to tell him that I don't talk in front of my kids or other peoples kids like that and I would appreciate it if he found a less vocal means to express his discontent.Apparently he took the point because he directed one more profanity at me and found the exit.I actually had people pat me on the back and say they wished they had the guts to do the same thing.I say its not guts it's having a sense of morality and knowing that you have to make a stand when you know that you're in the right
Thats what I see as one of our great failures
as a society people are afraid to stand up and say hey this is wrong.