+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WHAT'S NEW IS OLD - Ladyfisher - December 14, 2009

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default WHAT'S NEW IS OLD - Ladyfisher - December 14, 2009

WHAT'S NEW IS OLD

Had a message this week from Fly Anglers OnLine (FAOL) reader Thunder Thumbs, and he has moved from Kansas to of all places Havre Montana. His real name is Hugo Gibson, the nick name having something to do with his career choice, he is a chiropractor. He tells me his dream was to live and work in Montana, well I fudged a little on that, he actually wanted to spend a lot of time fishing in Montana. Other than the fishing places mostly being frozen over (and I didn?t ask if he is into ice fishing) he is working on another of his interests, recording, as in video and audio. Podcasts anyone?

Blog Entries

Default Uber Cool...

Thank you Thank you Thank you

That pretty much sums it up.
    I work a full time job to keep a roof over my head and food on the table, but this is something I've been trying to get FAOL into for several years now. There never seemed to be enough time to get this one into permanent production.

I personally would love to see a few photos of the people the podcast is about, and pics of what they do, mixed with an audio interview. I think a lot has been lost by not being able to hear the voices of some of the major contributors here, like Al C. or more from JC. And all the other regular authors here.

I'd also love audio interviews or even videos on new products, and the development process that went into producing it.

Having someone else with expertise, time, and most importantly the desire to do some audio interviews and such is oh so sweet.

I'm looking forward to developing a new section on the site that caters to the information. The technical stuff is there, now we just have to display it right.

So you will now excuse me while I do my happy dance...

--Ron--

Default What FAOL has meant to me!

In the 12-years, FAOL has been in existence, FAOL has been my home away from home! I joined FAOL, in October of 1997, I think it was Week #4 or #5.
    A site about Fly Fishing, that seem to just fit my needs. Over the years I watched it grow, as more and more anglers discovered this site.

I have had so many mentors (courtesy of FAOL members sharing), to help me learn just about everything a person needs to know about fly fishing! FAOL, help me quickly learn to be a better fly tier, how to build my own fly rods, my own furled leaders.

I became a Swapmeister, and a Writer, thanks to all the help I received courtesy of FAOL members, also the encouragement, and special assistances and encouragement of LadyFisher!

I have met many members of FAOL, at the FAOL Fish-Ins that I attended. I have done things that I never thought I would never do! I learned things I never knew! All because of others spending time to share their knowledge about fly fishing, and life!

Everybody makes mistakes, yet without mistakes, you never learn anything new! My Grandpa always said, "Nobody ever learns anything, by doing it right the first time!"

Thank You LadyFisher, I always knew who was in-charge at FAOL.

~Parnelli
    Last edited by Steven McGarthwaite; 12-14-2009 at 03:35 PM.

LF,

Just absolutely beautiful. I'm looking forward to the podcasts/videos. What a grand idea that I know has been discussed before.

AC sure had a wonderful way with words. Much more eloquent than I could ever be. He said what I feel.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Default I'm excited!!!

I can't tell you all how much my brain is overflowing with ideas! There, as Ladyfisher said, literally hundreds of people we can interview for podcasts. I've already got several in mind!

As for the videos, the possibilities are endless! I can see sections on how to tie fly patterns, rod building, casting techniques, fishing techniques, knots, fish-in coverage, fly fishing show coverage, you name it! I just cannot wait to get it all going.

Tight lines,
    TT.

+ Reply to Thread