Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
Right on! Well you and I know a few things that some others here will never know about living with all our worldly possessions on our backs but having the best comrades in the world.

I will probably never own any higher end gear because I don't covet the possessions of others, need nor desire the latest or greatest of anything and thankfully my parents really did raise me the right way. As far as my finances go taking care of Amy, our son, our household expenses, our retirement and our families comes first. Then I take care of my friends and other folks in need. If anything is left over then I play a bit. I have found that the emotional and physical rewards given back to me by far outweigh any self gratification I can get by saving and spending by me, on me.

If others want to buy that higher end gear for whatever reason that is fine by me. You won't see me doing it though. Like the lady says I too am in this for the camaraderie. When the my gear is better than your gear crap comes up I just laugh and walk away.

By the way my gear is doing exactly what I want it to do right now. Collecting dust. I am back on the board but not back to fly fishing yet. So if all of that gear were high end it would just be expensive stuff not doing a thing for me. I have better things to spend my money on.
I agree 100%. The most that have ever spent on a rod is 500.00. That was for my bamboo rod. I thought it was a steal since the gentleman who built it customized for my liking. Honestly though I have just as much fun catching fish on my 40.00 cortland. To me being out on the water, watching nature in it's finest, and seeing a fishing buddy catching a beautiful wild brown is what it is all about. I don't care what kind of equipment you guys use, I will still fish with all of you any day of the week.