Hello FAOL'ers, I just want to say hi and Merry Christmas!
I rarely get on the board anymore and when I do it seems for somewhat selfish reasons, needing advise or wanting to trade for.... or buy something.

It seems the more I learn about this gig the less I feel I have to contribute... weird, but at one time I new it all...lol.

I frequent this site (almost daily) reading articles and topics that peak my interest. It seems everyone is in good hands, there is constant great advise, although most of the names have changed since I contributed regularly to posts on here.

Anyway, just a friendly hello from North of Superior where every bit of still water is now frozen solid along with most streams and the faster water won't be far behind.
At one time I read somewhere of an Angler inquiring how winter fly fishing was on Superiors north shore, the response was something like "Great if you're accurate enough to hit that eight inch hole in the ice" One of the fastest growing winter sports (or so I'm told) in this area is ice climbing. Yes frozen ice ,straight up the face of a water falls, and climbers from all over the continent are attracted to this area, because apparently we have more than our fair share of vertical ice to gain their attention.

So to all in my same predicament, hang tight, the off season's for tying flies, building rods, cleaning and upgrading gear and furling leaders. It almost makes the wait worth while, and to think our wonderful fly fishing friends to the south (somewhere south of here) has no idea what an off season is, therefore can't relate to actually having a trout season... boy, they just don't know what they're missing. At least this is what we can tell ourselves... believing it...well.

Tight Line and greetings
-Grant