Sure many of you remember good ol' Ed Temme whom was one of us here on FAOL. He went by "Smernsky" for a long time and then by "ET Custom Fly Rods" most recently. As you all know Ed suddenly was taken from us by a heart attack just a couple short months ago. Well one thing Ed use to always talk about during our conversations was how much he loved this little 7' Bamboo rod blank that he had my friend Bob make for him. Ed caught some real dandy trout on that rod on the last few fishing trips he took.

So my friend Bob and I decided to build a bamboo rod in memory of Ed and raffle it off on our rod building website that Ed was a member on and then give 100% of the money to Ed's wife&family in hopes that it helps to make the holidays just a bit more manageable for them this year.

The blank is a Modified Cattanach taper which was Ed's favorite cane rod taper, it also has a Lace wood reel seat insert with slide band hardware, cigar shaped grip, agate stripper with Garnet wraps and black trim.

I know Ed liked garnet on his cane rods and loved this taper so I'm sure he's looking down right now smiling in approval of this little rod

Steve