+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Frankenmuth pics

Hybrid View

Default Frankenmuth pics

Few pics from a day spent at Frankenmuth here in Michigan last week with the family. For those that don't know of it Frankenmuth is a Bavarian town that is home to Bronners which is the largest Christmas store in the world. Neat little town to visit.

Missed the timeing for good lighting for the covered bridge shot but oh well.

The niece&nephew outside of Bronners

Shots of Christmas lights at night are kind'a tricky so I'm still playing with the settings on the camera, but these came out pretty well IMO

Steve

Cool Memories...

How great, thanks Steve - Bronners was one of the Christmas "musts", I still have small red and silver mushroom ornaments from there to hang on our tree this year. I loved going there as a kid, dinner was marvelous. Does Zenders still have costumed waitresses? Wish we had something like that out here.
    Thanks for the memories.
    LF
    Last edited by LadyFisher; 12-11-2009 at 05:08 AM. Reason: spelling, duh

Smile

20 minutes from where i grew up

Steve, those are some beautiful shots!!! This is the first year since my wife and I started dating in 2005 that we haven't been to Bronner's. I'm glad to see its still going strong even after the elder Bronner passed last year. He sure loved to lead the Christmas Carols! And we sure enjoyed singing them with him.

Great pics. I'm an all-things-German lover at heart, even speak the language. This place reminds me of Leavenworth, Washington, just northeast of Wenatchee. It too is themed as a German/Swiss town with all of the architecture required to be such and numerous shops and storefronts to gawk at, especially during Christmas. Thanks for the tour.

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

For a second there I thought I was gonna see picks of:

http://members.tripod.com/snakehead_...rankenfish.jpg
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

Quote Originally Posted by okflyfisher View Post
    20 minutes from where i grew up
    20 minutes from where I do most of my fishing.
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by LadyFisher View Post
    How great, thanks Steve - Bronners was one of the Christmas "musts", I still have small red and silver mushroom ornaments from there to hang on our tree this year. I loved going there as a kid, dinner was marvelous. Does Zenders still have costumed waitresses? Wish we had something like that out here.
    Thanks for the memories.
    LF
    I don't think they wear the old fashioned costumes anymore LF. We didn't eat there this time because the line for Zenders is usually about 2+hrs wait. I like they're chicken dinners but not enough to stand in line for that long

We did go to the Zenders "shop" down in the basement though and I didn't see any waiter/waitress' with the old style costumes like they use to wear.

If you haven't been lately you'd be amazed at how big Bronners is now. They added on again (3rd or fourth addition now) and its just plain HUGE compared to the size it use to be.

Steve

Default Been a very long time...

JC and I moved to Montana I think in 1972, which would have been about the last time I was in Frankenmuth. We've been back for various family events and of course the Michigan Fish-In, but not back to Frankenmuth. So yes I imagine all sorts of neat things have been added. Back in the 'old days' local groups and churches use to charter grayhound buses and come up from the Detroit area just for dinner there, and to tour the town.

Bronners has a website and I have ordered Christmas ornaments from there.

nighthawk Guest

Beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing.

+ Reply to Thread