Montana, I'm so new at this that I did a double-take before realizing that you meant the guides on your rod were icing up, as opposed to the people who were leading you on the fishing trip (you know, the other kind of guide, as in let's tip them well!).

In St. Louis, of course, we have humid heat in the summers vs. the dry heat of Arizona that I grew up with. That moisture seems to get me coming and going these days. I hope I'm now going to be able to beat the humid summers by standing in a cool river, casting flies for anything that bites...

Best wishes
Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMoose View Post
...prolly for the same reason as there chemrat...we went out when it was around 10F and i don't think it went to 20F all day...even though the sun was out...this was back in November sometime and we were surprised at how comfortable we were. Of course we had most of the clothes we own on and gloves and though the guides were icing up even in the direct sunlight, we had a great time and had to wear sunglasses !

The month before we fished upriver a ways and though it was just low 30's as i remember and now guide icing, it seemed bone chillingly cold by comparison to the day in November. Go figure...but then i'm always reminded that it's a dry cold below 20F and closer to 30F is a 'wetter' cold. Sometimes 40F sends me back inside here so i was fairly surprised that the 10-20F temps din't bother me that much...well until the guides iced up. Great post chemrat, thanks.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose