I'm headed for Grand Cayman two weeks from today (Dec. 24) for five days of bonefishing. I've been spending time tying traditional bonefish patterns and some of my own design.

The First Cast Crab was so named because I caught a fish the first time I cast it. It can be tied on any size hook to fit your needs and for the fish you seek. The one in the photo is tied on a No. 1, but I will tie it on a No. 4 for bonefish. It has been very good on redfish, so far. The body is made of a new material (to me) called Palmer Chenille. It builds up and lays back very nicely.

The Cayman Crab is made out of a new material (to me) that I picked up at Bill Jackson's in Pinellas Park, Fla., yesterday. The material I used for the body is called McFlylon.

The Gibby's Epoxy Shrimp is tied on a No. 4 hook and features a gold Kreinek thread body, gold Krystal Flash tail and striped craft fur wing. Sorry that it appears a bit disheviled, but it was in my pocket. I showed a few flies when I spoke last night to the Charlotte Harbor Fly Fishers.

First Cast Crab:

Cayman Crab:

Gibby's Epoxy Shrimp: