+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: happy camper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default happy camper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I came home from the Marlborough Fly Show with a few brochures from some of the outfitters and lodges.
    My wife really likes the one from
    Dome Mountain Ranch in Emigrant, Montana
    has any one had any experience with DMR

Yes, I am a happy camper. I got to fish every day of our honeymoon. For our tenth,my lovely wife took me to Pitsburg N.H. and sat on a rock reading a book as i fished the river most of the week.
    Now for our 15th, it looks like we are going west for some big sky and lots of fishing.
    She may even give FF a try.

Boy do i love that woman.........

------------------
    do what u like, like what u do

Makes you want to renounce C & R.

Sounds like a keeper(LOL).

Allan

Hey there Trout hunter,
    Sounds just like my wife. She enjoys the fact that I enjoy fly fishing. Sits on the bank and expands her literary horizons while I beat the waters to a froth. As payment for her patience all I have to do is take her to nice restaurants after fishing. I can handle that. She IS my best friend. Aren't we lucky???

Mark

Trouthunter,

I have no affiliation with the place, but you might want to check out Hubbard's Landing at:
    [url=http://www.hubbardslodge.com:dc7ce]http://www.hubbardslodge.com[/url:dc7ce]

The scenery is much better, they have some private lakes, better accommodations, etc. The Dome Mountain place is right along side the highway and so I have only seen it from the road. I've never stayed at Hubbard's, but I do frequent that neck of the woods and would suggest it based upon the reviews I have heard and the setting alone.

Hope this helps.

------------------
    Warren F.
    Bozeman, MT

BTW, where is that you guys find these awesome wives? I've been searching my whole life and have yet to find one that is worthy to be a keeper.

------------------
    Warren F.
    Bozeman, MT

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Trout Hunter,

Wow, I'm really impressed. I may place a copy of your post casually on the coffee table for my wife to find. Never can tell. She might like the idea. 8T

------------------
    You had better learn to be a happy camper. You only get one try at this campground and it's a real short camping season.

Trout hunter....I'm hopefully heading down the same road you travel. I'm to be wed this coming fall to a beautiful young lady who also wants to go to a Fly Fishing destination for our honeymoon. At first I thought she was just trying to appease me, but after a few more conversations, I'm convinced that she really does want to do it. She tells me that she's not interested in an average Honeymoon site, and that she wants nothing more than for us to be in a nice cabin and really enjoy our time away from the daily grind. I'm sooo looking forward to it. And Montana is looking like one of our top choices too. I hope you have a wonderful 15th, and many more happy years to come.

trout hunter,

I was there yesterday and my eye kept on travelling to Canada with large Salmon. Newfoundland is a two day ride and $2800 for 5 day of fishing. Boy am I tempted. Good thing I can't afford it or else I'd really be thinking about it.

I did check out the Elkhorn Rods and spent way too much money there. I bought a bamboo blank for my winter project. And a 10wt. Will have to sell my Gatti to make ends meet. That will be on the forsale forum soon.

Best of luck on your trip.

jed

Hey guys,
    Just be sure she doesn't consider YOU an object of catch and release.

Love you wife... or someone else will.

Rusty <><

------------------
    "PC" is for Plant City not Politically Correct. if you wanna catch something ya gotta get a hook in the water

Hey there PCR,
    I was JUST about to post the same thought/advice to troutbum. Both parties in each others eyes and perception must be keepers. Compatibility in MANY areas is the key.

Mark
    PS: And trout hunter, congratulations on the 15 and I'm sure, many more to follow.

+ Reply to Thread