Thread: Books, an Orvis 4 wt. and misc.

Threaded View

Default Books, an Orvis 4 wt. and misc.

I offer the following for your winter reading/tying, and next year's angling. I prefer Paypal. Shipping, by the way, is not included. Please contact me via e-mail with any questions, etc, at jwarrington1@copper.net

Many thanks for your consideration, and in case you're wondering, all books are hardcovers unless otherwise noted...

Books:

1. American Trout Fishing by Theodore Gordon & A Company of Anglers-- Contributors include Schwiebert, Lamb, Wulff, Marinaro and a host of others. Condition is VG++ $20 SOLD

2. Pleasures of Angling by George Dawson-- Volume VIII of the Fly Fisherman's Gold series. Leatherbound, limited edition of 2500, condition excellent $20 SOLD

3. The Fishing Tourist by Charles Hallock and The Salmon and The Dry Fly by George M.L. LaBranche-- Two fine books under one set of leather covers. Volume XIX of the FFG series, excellent $20 SOLD

4. Four books by noted tyer, writer and instructor, Dick Talleur:
    A Fly-Tyer's Primer
    A Guide to Fly Tying
    The Versatile Fly-Tyer
    Modern Fly-Tying Materials
    The books are in excellent condition-- $16 per title, or $50 for the entire set.

5. The Fly-Tier's Manual and The Fly-Tier's Companion by Mike Dawes. Both softcover books are excellent and are priced at $20 for the pair.

6. Presenting The Fly by Lefty Kreh-- Excellent book in both content and condition $15

7. Essence of Fly Casting by Mel Krieger-- Another solid library addition. Excellent condition $15

8. The Year of the Trout by Steve Raymond-- VG++ $15

9. One River More by W.D. Wetherell-- Excellent condition $12

10. Seasons of a Fisherman by Roderick Haig-Brown-- Great read for anyone who enjoys good writing $25 SOLD

Miscellaneous:

11. Orvis Silver Label Mid-Flex 8'6" 4-piece, 4 wt. fly rod. Complete with Orvis cordura case and rod sock. Excellent condition $95

12. Simms G2(I think) vest in VG++ condition, Size XL $30

13. Costa Del Mar glasses-- Model MS-0A Multi-Sports. "As new" with amber polarized lenses, side shields, et al. Comes with case $75 SOLD

14. Orvis "Record Catch Club, Catch & Release" pin in its fitted plastic case. Highly polished finish with leaping trout across the face of the pin $10 SOLD
    Last edited by hairwing530; 01-11-2010 at 07:13 PM. Reason: items sold