+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT Early Christmas/Birthday present

nighthawk Guest

Default OT Early Christmas/Birthday present

Bought myself an early present yesterday. I am still a bit weak for fishing and hunting so I figured now was the time to get serious about my love of a certain musical instrument. Got this kit for $149.99 today:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone...66-i1166290.gc

The guys at Guitar Center in Harrisburg were really great. They listened to what I wanted to do and did not try to push high end gear on me. I had an acoustic when I was a teenager but never got serious about it. The guys at the store asked me what I wanted to do and what colors I liked. I told them I wanted a guitar that I could take into the wilderness with me and if it got dunked in a capsized canoe or damage I wouldn't be out a whole lot of money. They were in full agreement that those situations call for a good entry level guitar.

They did some work ups on used guitars with the essentials. Turned out the new kit by Epiphone was a better deal. I also have until the end of January to return the guitar if I decide to do so. I have access to a Martin from 1923 but I do not want to take it out to the wilderness with me. Though this Epiphone is made in China I am impressed with the craftsmanship and the sound is very good for a guitar of this price range. Time will tell the tale though.

I am a very happy boy tonight.
    Last edited by nighthawk; 12-08-2009 at 04:28 AM.

Default Good for you...

You earned it, deserve it and you got it. Sometimes we have to 'reward' ourselves for a job well done. Knowing how difficult the thyroid problems can be, just keep doing what your doctors tell you. Your 'gut' will eventually let you know if the meds are off and you'll be able to react quicker. But for now, just keep keeping on. Looks like a Merry Christmas to me!

That brings back memories of my high school days. I had a Takamine. I wish I stuck with it. I hope you have loads of fun making music with it Guitar Man.

Bread Guitar Man
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Good luck and happy picking. Taught myself 4 yrs ago to play acoustic. My son asked me why would I do that. I told him i was getting old and needed something to keep mind fresh, lol. He then found out girls dig guys who can play guitar. Taught him self with some guidance from me. epiphone is a good starter guitar. I have 2 alvarez's 6 and 12 string. Now, about that Martin...... lol. Have fun

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TyroneFly View Post
    That brings back memories of my high school days. I had a Takamine. I wish I stuck with it. I hope you have loads of fun making music with it Guitar Man.

Bread Guitar Man
    Great tune! I haven't heard it in years. I also used to listen to a lot of Gordon Lightfoot on the old A.M. radio.

Good on you Eric. Nobody deserves it more. I played a Gibson B-25 Natural for over 7 years. I haven't played now for about 35 years and I'm finding out that I miss it.
    I'm happy for you.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Default Epiphone

Eric,

I have an Epiphone I have been playing for over 35 years. It's traveled all over this country with me. Alot of friends have seen it at the Idaho Fish In. I tend to take it everywhere I go.

hang on to that Martin, you'll appreciate it one day!

Lotech, same to you, I have an older Gibson also, hope you still have
    yours!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    Eric,

I have an Epiphone I have been playing for over 35 years. It's traveled all over this country with me. Alot of friends have seen it at the Idaho Fish In. I tend to take it everywhere I go.

yours!

Z
    Wish I did, but my brother has it. And it was a final sale.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    Eric,

yours!

Z
    Nice voice to the PR150. Turn up your audio:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hASafJ9EQyA

Wish I had her talent.

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lotech View Post
    Good on you Eric. Nobody deserves it more. I played a Gibson B-25 Natural for over 7 years. I haven't played now for about 35 years and I'm finding out that I miss it.
    I'm happy for you.
    Thanks Joe. Wish you still had that Gibson too.

The Martin Guitar Shop and Mueseum is an easy drive from my home. They are located in Nazareth, Pa. I should take a trip over there sometime. That would be fun.

+ Reply to Thread