+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Complication of my thyroid treatment

nighthawk Guest

Default Complication of my thyroid treatment

One of the drugs I have to take lowers your white cell count and impacts the capability of the immune system to fight off infections. Well I had to go to the doctor today as I have contract a nasty U.R.I.

Very soar throat, infected sinuses, pain in both ears and a strong cough. Under normal circumstances it is no big deal but the depressed immune system is not coping well with it. I hadn't seen my family dos since she shipped me off to the endocrinologist. She put me on some very strong antibiotics then gave me a big hug as I was leaving the office! Now she is keeping an eye on me as she has put me under strict orders to return in 48 hours if I am not better, head to the E.R. if I get worse.

Nice to have a doc that cares. Other than the infection my heart rate and appetite have now descended back down to the level a mere mortal should have. I still have some bad episodes but they are fewer an further between now.

I did not put the posts about my issues here for sympathy but rather as a reference for all should anyone suffer this illness in the future. The prayers, well wishes and encouraging posts have been a greatly appreciated, very successful thing for me.

Thanks all,
    Eric

Blog Entries

Brother you will find sympathy in the dictionary between, Sh!t and Syphilis, genuine caring and concern for a great person, and fellow human, and fly fisher and member of FAOL, you will find RIGHT HERE!

Take care and give my love to Amy..

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
    One of the drugs I have to take lowers your white cell count and impacts the capability of the immune system to fight off infections. Well I had to go to the doctor today as I have contract a nasty U.R.I.

Very soar throat, infected sinuses, pain in both ears and a strong cough. Under normal circumstances it is no big deal but the depressed immune system is not coping well with it. I hadn't seen my family dos since she shipped me off to the endocrinologist. She put me on some very strong antibiotics then gave me a big hug as I was leaving the office! Now she is keeping an eye on me as she has put me under strict orders to return in 48 hours if I am not better, head to the E.R. if I get worse.

Nice to have a doc that cares. Other than the infection my heart rate and appetite have now descended back down to the level a mere mortal should have. I still have some bad episodes but they are fewer an further between now.

I did not put the posts about my issues here for sympathy but rather as a reference for all should anyone suffer this illness in the future. The prayers, well wishes and encouraging posts have been a greatly appreciated, very successful thing for me.

Thanks all,
    Eric
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

As always Eric, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Blog Entries

get well soon eric how you are ok will pray for you been through it myself

Continued prayers and best wishes Eric.

Thanks for the update. We're all pulling for you.
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

Yup. Sometimes when we treat people you are 'damned if you do and damned if you don't'.

Hope things get better.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

+ Reply to Thread