+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing/living in Pennsylvania

Default Fishing/living in Pennsylvania

Hey, lets see a show of hands... for those living and fishing in Pennsylvania-what town do you live in and what creek do you consider your "home waters"?

I live in Zerbe township, near Trevorton. Favorite waters: White Deer Creek, Kettle Creek, and Clarks Creek.

------------------
    It's only a bad cast if it spooks the trout...

Hummmm...I Live in B.S. PA as for mentioning my favorite waters which are not the more well known...I'll forgo that I do Consider Penns Creek a home water and freely admitt to that one..since it's already overrun as it is..Hope I'm not coming off as snobby..cause I ain't...But the real gems are the lesser known waters and I shall do my best to keep them that way..Gems and Lesser known...Beaver Springs for those who are not familiar with Penciltucky, Is Located about 40 min. N/W of Harrisburg.

------------------
    "I've often wondered why it is that so many anglers spend so much money on,and pay so much attention to.the details on the wrong end of the fly line.If they took as much care in selecting or tying their flies as they did in the selection of the reel and rod,They might be able to gain the real extra edge that makes it possible to fool a fish that has,in fact,seen it all before" A.K.Best

Everyone wants to excel in this sport but at the same time we let traditionalists place restrictions on our tactics, methods, and ideas. I always assumed that fly fishing was a sport that allowed imagination, creation, adaptation, investigation, dedication, education, revelation? : Fox Statler, On Spinners (Not the dainty Dry Fly kind) "Spinner'd Minner Fly"

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

I live in Philadelphia and I consider my "home waters" to be the Hickory Run State Park streams. They have been less productive lately due to crowds and residential development. If need be, I'll find a new "home."

John

[This message has been edited by Hooligan (edited 26 December 2005).]

Dear Jesse,

I'm in Harrisburg, but I've fished just about everything east of Galeton and north of Harrisburg.

I'm partial to streams around Centre and Clinton Counties, but I've been known to fish in the Pocono's and up the Pine and Loyalsock Valley's.

I like White Deer, Kettle, and Clark's too. You can sometimes find me in the Wayside on Rte 61 when I'm coming back from fishing around Benton.

Regards,
    Tim Murphy

[This message has been edited by Tim Murphy (edited 26 December 2005).]

Jesse,

I live 30 miles west of Philly, in Chester County. Waters I fish include the Brandywine, Valley & West Valley Creeks, French Creek and some smaller creeks too. I have been known to fish some golf course ponds that are full of bass, gills and rainbows too.

Jerry

------------------
    Dream the Life, Live the Dream
    Laugh at yourself first and all else falls into place
    Board of Directors, Valley Forge Trout Unlimited

[url=http://www.flyreeldots.com:5d69d]FlyReelDots.com[/url:5d69d]
    FAOL Sponsor
    Dream the Life ~ Live the Dream

Though I've moved off to college, I was born and raised near Irwin, in Westmoreland County. As for my home waters, the vast majority of my fishing is done in the First Fork of the Sinnemahoning Creek and the Driftwood Branch of the Sinnemahoning Creek, with occasional trips to Kettle Creek

I live in Blue Ridge Summit and I guess I'd have to say that Falling Springs is my home water as that is the one I fish the most.

Mike

I live in Lancaster County, PA but do much of my fishing in the northwest US and Canada these days, and rarely fish the waters in the southeast part of the state within an hour's drive of where I live.

I have fished (many times) most of the best streams in PA, and if I would claim to have a home water in PA, I would probably refer to it as "Fishing Creek" - anybody have any idea how many streams in PA have that name?

Dear John,

There are 86 Fishing Creeks east of Altoona in Pennsylvania but there are only 3 of them worth fishing.

Regards,
    Tim Murphy

I live in Potter County and my home waters are Pine Creek, Sinnemahoning, Kettle, Allegheny River.

[This message has been edited by PALongbow (edited 26 December 2005).]

+ Reply to Thread