+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seattle cop killer killed

Default Seattle cop killer killed

Glad they got him one way or the other.

Now the BIG QUESTION:

Will they go after friends and family that (allegedly) aided and abetted him?
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

The answer to your question is yes. Police have already made a number of arrests in regards to aiding and abetting the suspect.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

How about arresting Huckabee for ever letting him out of jail???

Actually Huckabee allowed the process of probation(as is done in most cases) and the JUDGE let him go.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

Cold Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Wulff View Post
    Actually Huckabee allowed the process of probation(as is done in most cases) and the JUDGE let him go.
    The article I read said he commuted the sentence.

From what I seen on the TV last night after Huckabee had his sentence commuted he was jailed again for a parole violation. Another judge then let him go after that arrest. The one who should be on the hot seat for letting him off easy is the judge in Washington who let him have a low bail amount after a recent arrest in Washington for assaulting a police officer and the rape of a 12 year old girl.

Rocky

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Wulff View Post
    Glad they got him one way or the other.

Now the BIG QUESTION:

Will they go after friends and family that (allegedly) aided and abetted him?
    ...more answers to your question..............http://www.komonews.com/news/local/78267897.html
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    How about arresting Huckabee for ever letting him out of jail???
    SULLY what have you against Huckabee--if you follow the news it was the judge as others have wrote before me. As gov he was following their orders. BILL

There seems to be plenty of blame to go around. The problem is the penal system is broken due to organizations like ACLU and liberal judges. Prisons should be self supporting from the labor of the inmates. Prisoners should be required to work at least half a day; learn a legal trade or work on their education. All sentences should be shortened by maybe 6 months with voluntary sterilization; rapist and men who sexually abuse children (this does not include teenagers who have sex with their younger girlfriends) should be castrated.

Caning could be considered as a punishment for some crimes. But I don't really have much of an opinion on the subject.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Default and now.......the rest of the story!

You just know, that a person that supposedly responsible for the death of 4 police officers, would not be taken alive, and now.......the rest of the story! ~Parnelli

Seattle police kill suspect in officer slayings
    By GENE JOHNSON, Associated Press

A lone officer on patrol in the middle of the night Tuesday spotted a stolen car, its hood up and engine running, and pulled over to check it out. As the patrolman sat in his cruiser, a burly man with a large mole on his cheek came up from behind.

The officer turned, stepped outside and recognized the most wanted man in the Pacific Northwest ? the ex-con accused of gunning down four cops at a coffee shop.

Moments later, Maurice Clemmons, 37, lay dead in the street, shot by the patrolman after Clemmons made a move for a gun he had taken from one of the slain officers, police said.

Clemmons' death brought to an end two days of fear across the Seattle-Tacoma area and one of the biggest manhunts the region has ever seen. Dozens of police officers milled around at the scene afterward, some solemnly shaking hands and patting each other on the back.

"Good thing he wasn't able to get the gun out here or we might have had a different ending to this whole thing," Pierce County sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said. "The officer in Seattle did a good job of making sure he went home safe tonight."

Clemmons eluded capture thanks to family and friends who provided him with shelter, cell phones, cash and first aid for the severe belly wound he suffered when one of the dying officers in Sunday's coffee-shop rampage got off a shot, police said. Six to seven of those associates were being arrested Tuesday.

Among them, police said, was Darcus D. Allen, a convicted murderer who served in prison with Clemmons in Arkansas and allegedly drove the getaway truck after the coffee shop rampage; two men who later traveled with Clemmons as he eluded police; and Clemmons' sister, who bandaged him up and gave him a lift part way to Seattle.

It wasn't immediately known if she or Allen had attorneys; the other two have pleaded not guilty.

"Some are friends, some are acquaintances, some are partners in crime, some are relatives. Now they're all partners in crime," Troyer said.

Troyer said paramedics were stunned that Clemmons lived as long as he did with the bullet wound. It had been packed with gauze and patched with duct tape.

It was not clear exactly where Clemmons was while on the run. Police rushed from place to place, following tips that often came up empty or yielded only accomplices. They searched homes and apartments around the city and cordoned off a park after a report of blood in a restroom.

On Sunday, Clemmons briefly took refuge at a house in the city's well-to-do Leschi neighborhood, slipping away before police surrounded the home in an all-night siege that ended when SWAT officers stormed the place and realized he wasn't there.

Clemmons has a violent, erratic past, and authorities in Washington state and Arkansas ? where then-Gov. Mike Huckabee in 2000 commuted his 108-year prison sentence for armed robbery and other offenses ? are facing tough questions about why an apparently violent and deranged man was out on the street.

On Sunday, six days after posting bail in Washington on charges of raping a child, Clemmons walked into the coffee shop in suburban Tacoma and killed four uniformed Lakewood police officers as they caught up on paperwork on their laptops, police said.

"The only motive that we have is he decided he was going to go kill police officers," Troyer said. Investigators also reported that Clemmons told others the night before the shooting that he was going to kill police and they should watch the news, but they wrote it off as "crazy-talk."

In a statement posted on the conservative Newsmax.com Web site, Huckabee said: "I take full responsibility for my actions of nine years ago. I acted on the facts presented to me in 2000. If I could have possibly known what Clemmons would do nine years later, I obviously would have made a different decision. But if the same file was presented to me today, I would have likely made the same decision."

The Seattle patrol officer who killed Clemmons, Benjamin L. Kelly, 39, a seven-year law enforcement veteran, will be placed on leave, which is standard procedure after a shooting.

The officer was driving in a working-class neighborhood of south Seattle at about 2:45 a.m. when he came across a stolen car, its engine running, Assistant Seattle Police Chief Jim Pugel said.

As he sat in his cruiser, beginning paperwork on the car, he sensed movement, turned and saw someone approaching, Pugel said. The officer stepped out and immediately recognized the man, whose face had been all over TV and mugshot fliers memorized by every officer in the region.

The patrolman ordered Clemmons to freeze and show his hands, but he kept moving, and the officer fired several rounds, hitting the man at least twice, Pugel said.

Police said Clemmons would have died eventually of the gunshot wound he suffered in the coffee-shop rampage.

At the time of his arrest in Washington state earlier this year, investigators said Clemmons had visions that he was Jesus Christ and that the world was on the verge of the apocalypse. He also "told the officer President Obama and Lebron James are his brothers, Oprah (Winfrey) is his sister and referred to himself as 'the beast,'" according to court papers obtained by The News Tribune of Tacoma.

A psychological evaluation in October found he was a risk to public safety, but not enough of one to justify committing him, the newspaper reported.

The police officers did not deserve to die, the man suspected of the killings, should not have been allowed to live freely among the law abiding citizens. The system failed, we should ask how to correct the system, so this does not happen again! This latest incident, as well as the tragic incident at Fort Hood are both reminders, that there is something wrong with our system of justice! ~Parnelli
    Last edited by Steven McGarthwaite; 12-02-2009 at 03:09 AM.

+ Reply to Thread