I've had the 12 foot Ultimate over a year now and thought I'd give some input.

I've fished ponds and lakes and a few streams in Arkansas with it.

It handles lakes and ponds just fine. It will handle about a Class 2 stream without much problem. You have to watch water coming over the bow and a middle skirt will help that a lot. I just have the bow skirt and got a fair amount of water over the bow in a rapid section last time out. No big deal but could be a big concern in real rough water.

It paddles well but on long sections can be a bit laborious. Nothing horrible, mind you but it isn't for long ventures in calm water. Well, not for me that is.

You can pack a good bit of stuff in there with you and get to most all of it just by reaching.

It is extremely stable(for a kayak). YOu can lean side to side without any fear of tipping.

Fishing from it is pretty easy but could stand to be a bit higher in the seat. You can easily make a seat riser to make this better and make comfort better for long paddle sections of water.

Taking the seat out and putting the seat in is a no-brainer. Very easy. The seat does make a nice chair if you wish to sit on the shore with it.

I haven't stood much in it but I've seen a lot of videos of this done. Seems pretty easy.

One thing to do for sure is to get a good rod holder/ strap system of some kind. Yup I've lost a rod already. Still pretty sick about it.

Get and USE a personal flotation device. I've not had any reason for it but I wear it. Even found myself wade fishing with it on after forgetting to take it off . I about had to rescue someone without it and glad I didn't have to.

This is a GREAT tool for reaching places others cannot........even from a boat. It's great for stream fishing for the same reason. You can reach spots wade fishermen cannot. You can paddle up some fairly quick-moving water too.

Any questions? Let it fly.