+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sow bug round up 2006

Default Sow bug round up 2006

I've never been to the round up before, haven't talked to anyone that has so any info or opininions would be great. What are you thoughts about the past ones and maybe some lodging info would be great. Thanks, Gary

Hey crash... try this
    [url=http://www.northarkansasflyfisher.org:0a6b3]www.northarkansasflyfisher.org[/url:0a6b3]

that should give some info about it

I'll add this too..
    I got my reservation at the Days Inn..#870-425-1010.. which I was told is about a 1/2 mile from the sowbug

[This message has been edited by Leonard (edited 18 January 2006).]

Blog Entries

Crash,
    If you like fly tying you will love the roundup! There will be 100 or more tiers tying everything from trout flies to full dress atlantic salmon flies. The fishing in the area is very good, too. As far as lodging, you should be able to find what you need from the link that Leonard posted.
    Steve

------------------
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went"-Will Rogers
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went"
    Will Rogers

You can learn alot from the tyers that are there. All sorts of flies tied and information freely shared.

Stop by if you come. I love that meeting.

Rick

Hey Rick,

I am looking forward to it again this year. We are going to be tying in the evenings again on Friday and Saturday and fishing the mornings. Looking forward to see you and the rest of the clan.

Hey, Parrothead, where you guys setting up shop?

The Sowbug was a lot of fun when I went last year. I split my time at the show evenly between tying and spectating, since it was my first time and I didn't want to miss the experience. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year, but I look forward to future shows.
    It's a great experience with a ton of nice people. You should definitely go. I know you'll have a good time.

I am not for sure yet Jeff. I will find Rick and hopefully there will be a place close by or if Rick would save a seat for the afternoon tying. Anything inparticular you tying this year? I have been playing with midge patterns and superhair fibers but I will be tying mainly stuff I use here in Arkansas.

My bad, Charlie. Where are you staying?

Ramada Inn, I am going to try and get into some of those late night casting sessions.

[This message has been edited by parrotheadcrb (edited 20 January 2006).]

+ Reply to Thread