+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: polarized Amber lenses?

Default polarized Amber lenses?

How many of you use Amber lenses for fishing? I 've had a few different pair of polarized glasses for fishing, but never anything with amber. Does anyone use them? If so, what are some decent inexpensive models?

I use amber clip-ons due to the fact I wear bifocals and have not yet gotten my "fishing glasses". I don't remember the brand, but for low light situations, such as stream fishing under a heavy cover they work very well. They do not block the bright sun as grey or green lenses do. I have a seperate set of clip-ons in smoke (kind of grey) for those times when I need them.

Hope that helps.

------------------
    Clint

I feel closer to HIM when I'm fishing.
    Clint
    in far west Kentucky

bw, ...

We use orange, brown or amber lenses here as the water is tinged yellow. The 'el cheapo fitovers work pretty well. I find them in most big box stores (CanadianTire, Wally world ...).

There are some pretty good (servicable) ones for less than 30 $USD.

Of course, ... quality eye wear does help some, ... question of priorities and budget.

------------------
    Christopher Chin, Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/Forum1/HTML/015738.html:1ecdd]2006 FishIn Ste-Marguerite River[/url:1ecdd]

[url=http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/:1ecdd]Fishing the Ste-Marguerite[/url:1ecdd]
    Christopher Chin

bwagner;
    Cabela's has these in glass $19.95. The lens is a safety glass laminate so you have to be careful about storing them wet. I tend to beat up plastic lenses and these seem to last for ever.

I use amber for cloudy days or low light conditons, dark gray otherwise. Lens color makes a big difference on low light days.

Definatly a must for low light conditions... cloudy days... shady areas, dusk.. Theres my 2 cents.

------------------
    Blaino
    Arcata/Redding CA

I have a pair that is made my Stren that I got through Cabelas for about $25. They have interchangable lenses, but I usually just leave the amber ones in. In my opinion, they're great for around dusk and on cloudy days.

nighthawk Guest

Depends on how sensitive your eyes are to light. One of the first things I was taght when learning to arc weld is "Light eyes, dark lense". I was taught this again in flight school in the U.S. Army. That has probably all changed by now. On severe clear days I wear the darkest lense I can. If it's overcast or low light, I wear light smoke or amber. Polarized for certain. No matter what tint to the lenses do your eyes a favor and wear the best UV blocking glasses you can find.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

American veteran and proud of it!

Amber polorized clip-ons has been a challenge to find. Action Optics is one source. A must in low light situations. My prescription glasses are too large a frame for fit-over types. Would like to find a more yellow tinted pair, similar to shooting lenses, but the brownish amber work great. Makes the dim light "come alive" if ya know what I mean.

------------------
    Live each day as if it were your last, some day you'll be right!
    Eternal decisions can only be made on this side of eternity.

Blog Entries

I picked up some safety glasses at Lowes. They came in gray and amber, among other colors. They were $15/pair.

+ Reply to Thread