+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Way to go TWRA!!!

At New Year's a couple of years ago, we took a cruise to the "Caribbean". One of the stops was Belize. We elected to take the day trip to the Mayan pyramids.
    The high that day was around 80 to 85, with maybe 60% humidity. We left Texas with 40 deg and spitting rain. Belize was a nice, spring day for us. We were loving it.
    Not so for all of the Yankees on the trip.
    "God! It's so hot!" "I'm melting!"
    We were laughing our butts off.
    Right now, it's 47 Deg., 95% humidity, and raining. The local weatherman was discussing sleet and/or snow(flurries) for Friday night.
    I'm in my own personal version of Hell.
    I cannot understand how anyone can actually enjoy living in anyplace where it's cold for more than about month and a half in a year.

Kirk

Smile

Just another example of what's great about America. Personally I am glad some of you think the idea of a steady diet of 80% humidity in the summer is terrible. The idea of winter from October to June is terrible to me. I worked my way through college doing road construction in New Orleans, I can't imagine working outside in the winter north of Nashville. I like to visit the desert but ya'll sure have to go a long way to go fishing, I would get withdrawal. You like where you live and I like the south. Come for a visit.

God is good. Can I get an Amen?
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Blog Entries

Amen. How 'bout them yellowhammers...

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    God is good. Can I get an Amen?
    I think we can all agree with that one!

Amen.
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

+ Reply to Thread