+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angry at ebay sellers

Blog Entries

Default Angry at ebay sellers

Ok so i'm searching ebay for hooks because i cant afford an arm and leg. I find a mixed lot of ecan mustads in all sizes and buy them for 15 bucks. I wait 3 weeks expecting over 20,000k different types of hooks as was the advertized listing. what do i get but a tiny bag of dry 100 #20 size mustads. then when i contact the seller i dont hear anything. i tell ebay and their telling me the seller is nolonger a seller or member of ebay, and that their little they can do. i'm so lived. i dont know what to do.

You could try going through Paypal assuming that was how you paid. However, even in that case the deck is stacked against you, since they basically only ask for proof of shipment from the seller.

Other than that, not a whole lot of options if the user isn't on ebay any longer. In the future be sure to always look at their history and ratings.

Paul
    Life is expensive... but it does include a free trip around the sun.
    Mottled Fly Fisher - My Fishing Blog

Blog Entries

I am sorry you got taken, but twenty thousand hooks for fifteen dollars?? That is a couple cents on the dollar at best, and would have had alarm bells going off in my head as one of those "too good to be true" sales. Yet another reason I never, ever buy anything on ebay.

I suspect that if you posted on the "wanted" board here at FAOL about your desire for some inexpensive hooks, you may find people who have unwanted hooks on hand they would be willing to part with. And I would trust the average FAOLer much farther than anyone on ebay.

I use paypal on ebay, its a bit safer... Buying hooks on ebay, buy from fishingjaval... Ive bought hooks from him many times & allways get what is advertized, sometimes he even sends an extra package... If you want hooks other than what he has advertized, just send him an email before you buy it now and he sends you the sizes you want... Great seller and shipps the hooks in a reasonable amount of time... Never had a problem of any kind dealing with him... If your interested in some small hooks (daiichi) sizes 24, 22 & 20 hooks you can pm me & ill just sendem to ya... the hook #s are 1110, 1120, 1140 & 1640...
    Last edited by bugman; 11-29-2009 at 05:21 PM.
    A.S.F 5th GP ...TO FIGHT SO OTHERS MAY REMAIN FREE...

Blog Entries

well the auction as started at $5.00 bucks for the drawered case and all the hooks. a 7day auction and i max bid 25. allowing for the postage. when i won i receved the email and paid through paypal.. i have opened a case thrugh pypal bu i have a feeling that with the seller being gone it might not go anywhere.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CharlaineC View Post
    well the auction as started at $5.00 bucks for the drawered case and all the hooks. a 7day auction and i max bid 25. allowing for the postage. when i won i receved the email and paid through paypal.. i have opened a case thrugh pypal bu i have a feeling that with the seller being gone it might not go anywhere.
    It sounds like you did the steps right to be covered. I am a Power Seller on Ebay and will only accept PayPal because it covers both the buyer and seller. As long is it was shipped to a verified address, you should be able to escalate to a claim and get your money, or part of your money back.

It takes a while, though.

In the future, pay very close attention to the Seller Ratings and Positive Feedback level. I have passed up stuff because the seller didn't quite measure up to my standards.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Blog Entries

CharlaineC, that sounds like mail fraud to me. Check with your local postamaster and see what they can do for you. If there is any kind of paper trail, they can make your e-Bay merchant really WANT to send you 20,000 hooks.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by kbproctor View Post
    It sounds like you did the steps right to be covered. I am a Power Seller on Ebay and will only accept PayPal because it covers both the buyer and seller. As long is it was shipped to a verified address, you should be able to escalate to a claim and get your money, or part of your money back.

It takes a while, though.

In the future, pay very close attention to the Seller Ratings and Positive Feedback level. I have passed up stuff because the seller didn't quite measure up to my standards.
    I agree, and believe you can file a claim through Paypal when the product you receive is substantially different than that described in the auction.

Blog Entries

ok so i spoke with ebay and paypal this evening and ebay and paypal are going to looking this seller as they have receved about 35 calles over the same type of thing with this sellers auctions. hope it works out.

What is ebay? When I want to buy something, I go to the store.

Mark
    PS: Sounds like that would have been the better option for Char.

+ Reply to Thread