I'd start close, just out from the near bank where the stump/snag appears out to the little promontory. That conveniently puts me at one end of teh previously mentioned S-curve of debris. There appear to be several striations of leaves flowing parallel to the current. I would watch those as well to see what they indicate about currents in the pool. I would end up working the far bank and trying to drift a nymph (under a dry or highly visible emerger as a strike indicator) as close to it as I could. I would also work the front of the S-curve before working the central channel between the S-curve and the denser flotsam that probably indicates shallower water. The edge of the flotsam would not be ignored.

I think that I would probably do this after standing back and really enjoying the view and the place for a bit. It's much to good a place to rush. This hole seems to have a cozy charm that entices one to take the briskness of the Autmun day there with the promise of warm memories by the fire for many Winters to come.

I may not be a masterful fly fisher, but I love it nonetheless.

Ed