+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proud Dad at Thanksgiving?--You BET!

Hybrid View

Default Proud Dad at Thanksgiving?--You BET!

Oldest Daughter Molly & her Dan have been saving to build a better home. Dan can do a lot of the work as they have a business that tows, services cars & trucks, excavates, demolishes, tree removal, etc, etc. Here comes the story..
    They have elderly friends who both have health issues & struggle to make it financially. They live in what is basically a renovated 600 square foot garage. a couple weeks ago there were foundation problems. Dan went to check it out & the place needed to be demolished & rebuilt. Jim & Jean do not have the ability to undertake the expense, so Molly & Dan put their building plans on hold & are rebuilding Jim & Jean's place. Dan demolished the old, dug a new foundation, then Molly was advised to call the County Builder's Association to see if there may be programs to help reduce the costs. A local builder jumped & said he will frame & roof it free, someone else drew up plans (1,00 square feet), painters volunteered, windows are being donated, Sears is donating appliances, wood is being donated, and many people are donating their time as laborers. Jim & Jean's home should be ready before Christmas. Another kudo goes to Stefani Schaefer (ex schoolmate of Molly's) of Cleveland Channel 8 News who had a story run Monday at 6pm & again Tuesday morning at 9am. Then the Canton Repository newspaper called them & they want to do a story. Channel 8 called it an Extreme Home Makeover without the "Hollywood glitz".
    All this resulted from friends helping friends. Colleen & I are indeed Blessed with giving & loving Children. They are all the gifts we ever need.
    Sorry for the lengthy brag, but I am so proud that these two would sacrifice for others. I am also proud & HUMBLED by the outpouring of support from the community.
    God Bless them ALL!
    This Thanksgiving?...Only the best EVER!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Cool Hurrah

You have a lot of be thankful for, and wonderful kids to be proud of.
    You certainly are blessed.
    Hugs,
    LF

Great report Mike. You have some selfless kids there indeed. Happy thanksgiving.
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Well, Mike you have reason to be proud...That kind of giving of one's time and caring for others is taught at a young age...Someone did good raising their children.......Rob

That is fantastic, you are right to be proud, that is a wonderfull story and the local media are right to get behind it.
    Hope you and your family have a great thanksgiving.
    All the best.
    Mike.

Mike,

Sure keeps your faith in humanity. Thanks for sharing.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

That is great Mike. I saw only part of the news cast and what I saw was very touching. All the lady wanted was a window in her kitchen to over look her garden. Then I saw your post and put 2 and 2 together.

Hope you don't mind and sorry if you do but this is the link to the story (http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-new-home-txt,0,6731466.story)

Be proud, our children are reflections of ourselves. For the most part.

Sean
    Thanks Old Man GO IRISH!

Sean,
    Thanks for posting that link. I couldn't find it. Makes me tear up every time I see it.
    It's just too bad everyone can't know Jean & Jim...no matter what, they are always upbeat. Molly & Dan's kids all love those two & they have been at every Birthday party. NO couple is more deserving than they are.
    Back when we moved & had a garage sale, Jim & Jean came over & Jim was recovering from a broken hip. After visiting awhile & packing a bunch of stuff Jim admired, he went into the house to sit & rest awhile. Jean came out & told me Jim might not be back out as the easy chair he sat in fit him perfectly. Far as I know, Jim still has that chair..if not, we'll just have to fit him with another. Our garage sales have always been 1/2 "sale" & 1/2 "Oh, just get it outta here!".
    BTW, My Molly is the little girl helping to hold the plans.
    Thanks again Sean,
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Mike

There is no doubt in my mind where your kid's giving spirit comes from.

Happy Thanksgiving my friend.

Dave
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Because they are giving from their heart, not for what they can get out of it, they will get their ten-fold return. Good on you for raising such great kids.

Kirk

+ Reply to Thread