I have a tying a fishing buddy who regularly ties at the Fly Fair. He sez' that it's great, but he will also tell ya' that ya' don't have to cross the pond to find excellent tyers at a show, either commercial shows or those of the Federation of Fly Fishers (FFF).

I know that as one who has been attending and tying at Federation of Fly Conclaves for over 20 years, I can tell ya' that there are a bunch of great shows (we in the Federation call 'em Conclaves) held across the USA each year.

You can find fabulous tyers at the FFF National conclave or many others, including the Southern Council and my own Gulf States Council.

Your link showed another regular tyer at FFF Conclaves, Tom Travis... Well for years the South Eastern Council Conclave held a "Breakfast with Tom Travis" at their Conclaves (I know cuz' I was one of those who started this tradition).

Oh, while I'm from a long way from WA, I've met some of your FFF west coast tyers and many are too good for words! It's always wonderful to get a chance to learn from them!

So whille we'd all like to be able to travel the world and see "their great tyers" don't pass up the chance to see the marvelous tyers here in the US at an FFF conclave near you!

Bowfin47