+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Small stream rod

Hybrid View

Default WTB: Small stream rod

I am looking for a 5' to 6'0 in a 3 or 4 wt. Either glass or graphite. Not the most common rod but if someone has one they would like to get rid of let me know please.

Thank you

Blog Entries

Default Small stream rod

Check the Wild Water Flyfishing website. They sell a 5'6" 3wt. Decent rods and they won't break the bank.
    Last edited by wizard; 11-23-2009 at 11:12 PM.

Thanks Wizard. I did look at them earlier today and they dont look bad plus like you said you cant beat the price.

LL Bean Streamlight 5' 9" 3wt in a 2 piece for $99...

They also have the Streamlight 5' 9" 2 piece rod combo which has the rod, reel, line and reel-on-rod cordura case for $159...These are really nice combos and pretty good quality in the entire outfit.

I have no connection with LL Bean except being a satisfied customer of the Streamlight combo..
    Last edited by WarrenP; 11-24-2009 at 01:45 AM.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenP View Post
    LL Bean Streamlight 5' 9" 3wt in a 2 piece for $99...

They also have the Streamlight 5' 9" 2 piece rod combo which has the rod, reel, line and reel-on-rod cordura case for $159...These are really nice combos and pretty good quality in the entire outfit.

I have no connection with LL Bean except being a satisfied customer of the Streamlight combo..
    I have a Streamlight 9' 5 wt. I know this isn't what you want, just stating this for help on that particular line of rods. I've beat the crap out of this rod and it keeps on fishin! Not the most sensitive rod in the world but it certainly holds up well. I'd think a shorter version in a 3wt would be a good rod and probably much more sensistive.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

Default Small stream rod

Thanks guys for the replies and the offers. I am still searching for the ideal rod. I cast a 6' 6" 4wt. St. Croix avid and really like it so this may end up being the rod for me. Until I make the purchase I am going to continue searching for a smaller / better option. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by nautilus View Post
    Thanks guys for the replies and the offers. I am still searching for the ideal rod. I cast a 6' 6" 4wt. St. Croix avid and really like it so this may end up being the rod for me. Until I make the purchase I am going to continue searching for a smaller / better option. Thanks again.
    My wife's fav rod is a 8 1/2 ft-4wgt St Croix Avid I built for her. Dont know what a guy could ask for any better in a small stream rod than an Avid..???

How SMALL of streams are you fishing?

I was not aware of LL Bean making a rod this size. Thanks for the info Warren, I will check it out.

Man...get a long rod and dap.

Colston, I think I know what you are talking about, what is the advantage of "dapping"? What do you consider a long rod for this, I am curious.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread