+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Poor service

Hybrid View

Thumbs down Poor service

Not sure if this counts as poor service or NO service! I have been looking for a Switch rod for some time and I wanted to try to buy one from one of the sponsors of faol I already have one of there spey rods and love it. I have tried twice to contact them through the web site but have had no response, Phoning from NZ really is not an option, but what is the point of having a great web site promoting your latest and greatest products and then not responding to questions generated from your own site? I guess they just do not need my money.
    Sorry to rant but it is frustrating.
    All the best.
    Mike.

Blog Entries

Mike E-Mail is a wonderful thing, unfortunately it isn't a perfect thing. as your coming from NZ the email may have gone into the junk email filter or may not have arrived at all. We also have a bit of a problem with a lot of sickness here lately they might just not have caught up.

Don't write them off.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Blog Entries

Default Rods

Mike,

If you want you can send me a PM with your email address and the info on who it is you are trying to contact and what you are looking for. I will call them tomorrow (Monday) and tell them about you trying to contact them.

Larry ---sagefisher---
    Organizations and clubs I belong to:

Fly Fishers International Life Member
    FFI 1000 Stewards member
    FFI Presidents Club
    FFI Fly Tying Group Life Member

Washington State Council FFI
    V.P. Membership

Alpine Fly Fishers Club
    President & Newsletter Editor--The Dead Drift

North Idaho Fly Casters club

Blog Entries

My guess is that the email did not get there. Many web developers block emails from other countries and it is quite easy to do. The company in question may not even know it has been done.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Normand Guest

what is your expectation of the time when you sent the email to when you should hear an answer. if you are expecting an instant reply, you're probably not going to receive it.

if they have a "contact us" email address, it probably got there. its possible that someone who handles your specific problem is out on vacation or out of the office for some other reason.

feel free to ask your particular question to the members of this board. there's alot of informative folks here.

I'm all for helping out a bro and all of these excuses are valid explanations of common reasons why companies don't answer emails in a timely fashion, but...

In this day and age, any company interested in doing international business has no excuse for blocking foreign email domains. Furthermore, n company interested in staying in business has any excuse for not answering all emails within 24 hours with a quality response.

If a company hasn't figured out by now that the Internet...more specifically social networking sites...is where their buyers are getting most of their information, and that about 40% of all commerce is now conducted electronically, then they're WAY behind the curve and probably on the way out.

Unfortunately, there are a LOT of companies in the fly fishing industry like that. But there are some that are right up there on the cutting edge of info tech, too. We'll see who is left standing in a few more years if the old dawgs don't learn some new tricks.

THE standard of customer service for email is a 24-hour response time.

+ Reply to Thread