As I had mentioned in a couple of other posts, the lake I do a lot of my fishing at, Lake Tumblesom, was to be drained for dam repairs. Here is a photo from the floor of the lake back towards the dam.

You can see where the normal waterline is.

The track-hoe on the dam on the far right had to come in across the front of those rocks at the face of the dam from the far left just outside the picture. There is absolutely no way to get it there from the other side that we can not see from this angle. You are looking at rock that hasn't been above water for about 80 years.

The good news is that there is still a fair amount of water in the lake and the springs that feed the lake seem to be aerating things pretty well as there has been no significant fish die off. I have no idea how many may have gone down stream when they drained the lake, if any. I hope to get up there and see if there is still a good quantity of fish in there soon. I hope that ice backs off until they get some more water in teh lake or the die off will be from frozen fish. Troutcicles!

Repairs should be finished soon and they can start letting the lake refill. They are expecting it to take about 2 months to refill.

It's no great shakes as a mountain lake goes around here. Pretty common little lake, but it is special to me. I caught my first fish on flies from this lake and two of my grandsons have caught their first fish here, as well. A lot of good friends and good memories are connected to this lake.