+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: saddened

Default saddened

Today about 1/2 hour ago my dad passed away. Although this is a sad occasion with much griefing for the living it saddens me at people. My mom is good with it. She will miss him but she had 47 good years with him. Maybe she has a better pespective then I do. My whole family was "Idon't care attitude" while he lay in his bed at home dying. Although he was my step dad I respected and loved the man as if he were my own dad. Iguess what saddens me is that my whole family did not talk bad about him as he lay in his death bed they did not talk good about him either. It was as if he was not there. I know everyone griefs in their own fashion and respect that but not to respect the man as he passes saddens me. I was his stepson and respected him more then his own children. That saddens me. The hospice nurse that stayed with us through this was very none jalaunt and treated this as oh well this hapens everyday in my life get used to it. I don't know maybe I am stupid or old and emotional who knows but this makes me very sad not just at the passing of a very good man but at the actions of the people who supposedly loved him. I just don't get it. Thanks for listening I needed to get this out somewhere.

Bob:

13 years ago yesterday my stepdad died. I cracked up at his funeral and as I write this there are tears in my eyes. You have our deepest sympathy. God bless you.

Tim & Gracie

Blog Entries

Bob
    I am sorry to hear of your loss, my prayers go out to you and your family.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Bob,
    I know your pain and feelings of loss are very real to you. People grieve in their own way. By sharing what you've shared it is clear your grieving has begun. The only cure for grief is to grieve. Most of the time, it is a very long process. Hang in there, and thanks for sharing.

I know what its like... Both my parents are gone... Some hollidays are still hard for me at times... My prayers go out for you & the family...
    A.S.F 5th GP ...TO FIGHT SO OTHERS MAY REMAIN FREE...

Blog Entries

Bob,

My prayers are with you as well. My family was the same with my Dad. I don't understand it any better than you do. If you figure it out, let me know.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

People do react in various different ways when someone dies. They may not even realize at the time that they've been like that.

My prayers are with your family.
    Betty
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Bob,

I hurt for you. Like everyone, I too have felt the pain you are feeling. My prayer for you is that you will have the peace that passes all understanding.
    Steve

You have my prayers. Everyone grieves differently. When my dad had a stroke, he was incapacitated totally. He suffered in his frozen state for several months. I visited him often, but could never talk to him. Words would not come to me, and many intense emotions cursed through my body.
    But the words just wouldn't come. I remember the only thing I said to him just before he died was, " I love you Dad." I thank God that I at least was able to say that before he passed. I'm just saying that grief affects everyone differently. Again, my prayers are with you.
    God Bless,
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Bob,

I am sorry for your loss. May the Lord be with you.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

+ Reply to Thread