+ Reply to Thread

Thread: not FF ... thank goodness!

Hybrid View

Default not FF ... thank goodness!

Thank goodness the pain of replacing ones computer, like the pains of childbirth, are quickly forgotten! In both cases, if you remembered for very long, you wouldn't do EITHER!!!!!
    Just sayin' !!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Blog Entries

<sigh> You bought a new PC, didn't you?

You have my sympathy.

I won't be so cruel as to tell you how easy it is to upgrade from an old Mac to a new one. That would be sadistic.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Ah, worse than that!! It IS from one MAC to another ... but ... the hard drive was taken out of the old MAC and put in a case to use as an external hard drive, and the new MAC refuses to open the apps because the new machine is an upgrade from the old! Many of my pictures are "stuck" in the old IPhoto that can't be opened (at least not from what I've done to it!!).

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Blog Entries

You can still get them! Put the old drive into a case that allows Fire Wire, then use the Migration Assistant in the Utilities Folder.

I was just looking at the Migration Assistant and I am not sure it has to be Fire Wire anymore. Run that and see if it helps. It should move them all across for you.
    Kevin

[QUOTE]<sigh> You bought a new PC, didn't you?

You have my sympathy.

I won't be so cruel as to tell you how easy it is to upgrade from an old Mac to a new one. That would be sadistic.

Followed by

Ah, worse than that!! It IS from one MAC to another ... but ... the hard drive was taken out of the old MAC and put in a case to use as an external hard drive, and the new MAC refuses to open the apps because the new machine is an upgrade from the old! Many of my pictures are "stuck" in the old IPhoto that can't be opened (at least not from what I've done to it!!).
    OUCH!!! I can feel that BURN from here!! Sure sounds easier than looking at the photos stored on my external PC hard drive

LOL
    Last edited by maodiver; 11-20-2009 at 06:55 PM.
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by kbproctor View Post
    <sigh> You bought a new PC, didn't you?

You have my sympathy.

I travel with a laptop in my motorhome...old one died right before vacation...so I get a new Dell...came with VISTA ( the curse of windows computers) Talk about a PITA. Sometime this winter Im going to suck off all my real stuff and format the drive for XP.

Kevin,
    Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! I'd give you a hug if you were right here!! Got everything transferred except an upgrade to PhotoshopCS2, and I can deal with that later!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Hiner View Post

Kevin,
    Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! I'd give you a hug if you were right here!! Got everything transferred except an upgrade to PhotoshopCS2, and I can deal with that later!!!
    You are most welcome. Glad I could help.
    Kevin

+ Reply to Thread