+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thank You to N.M. Karen

Default Thank You to N.M. Karen

I want to post a big thank you to New Mexico Karen. Complete stranger. Saw I lost all my flies when I capsized my boat. Offered free flies. In process she learned I am going to the last fly club outing of the year tomorrow. I also had eye surgery (boaf) and cannot see well enough to tie flies yet. She tied up flies for my fishing day and sent them FREE GRATIS. NO quid pro quo! That's an FAOL'er for sure. Dyed in the wool gracious, compassionate, a "giver" type person. I think I have made a new friend in New Mexico. No question about the cost of her hooks, material, time and effort...nor postage! "N I C E"

I need to take a trip to NM someday and wet a line with that lady and her hubby Bob.

She must be one swell person.

Thank you very much Ms. Karen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemrod View Post
    ...She must be one swell person.....
    She is, for sure.

John
    The fish are always right.

Gee, Jim, you didn't mention you sent me some hackle and hooks, too - you're pretty nice yourself.

Update on Kudos for Karen.

Karen is "herefishy" here on FAOL.

And hat's off to herefishy. She helped me out a lot.

Thanks again Karen.

Jim
    BTW I now have the best looking, best tied original Arizona Peacock Ladies I have ever seen. Splendid....and thus gives me an outstanding model to go by....to try to tie them myself. And btw...they work too! As of yesterday.
    Last edited by Gemrod; 11-22-2009 at 03:01 PM.

Default Kudos

I know the praise goes to Ms. Karen, but you are up there yourself. Although we haven't been able to hook-up YET, you offered to pick me up from the airport, loan me fishing equip, and other assorted offerings - to someone who you had never met....other than as a family member of FAOL.

Kudos to the both of you!!!!!!!!!

Mike K.
    Eternal decisions can only be made on this side of eternity.

Thanks Mike...hope this finds you well.
    I also sincerely hope your father's memorial here in Arizona went well also.

Jim
    PS Mike, the offer to a complete stranger would not normally stand. But someone coming to AZ all the way from Maryland by airplane would have a tough time with rods on plane and all the gear to fish. And coming to attend your father's memorial......tough duty....and just wanted to fish a bit......I figured I could save you some trouble and help you a LOT by just providing rods and reels, boats and tubes, etc. Sure would simplify your flight. So it was an easy offer to make.

Hey Grubb. Thanks for the post. You could add CharlaineC to that list. She must of gotten wind of my of me loosing all my flies when I capsized my boat....and now eye surgery's (boaf eyes). She must have made the connection. Only reason I can think of for her offering...but I received a message from her today to send her my address and she is going to tie up a bunch of flies for me. Kudos to her to. I am grateful because I cannot tie anything but a wooly worm at this point. All those flies I lost was a 4 yr collection of flies I bought! 'tis one great bunch of people on here huh? For real.
    Count your blessings...not your bad luck days. That glass should ALWAYS be half FULL...not half empty.
    Last edited by Gemrod; 11-24-2009 at 05:23 PM.

Thumbs up

Great thread,Great place,
    Great people, this is a wonderful Thanksgiving thread, we all have something to be thankful for, just being apart of the FAOL family... We could start with Herefishy, Gemrod, and start adding names and the the list would go on and on of kindness thats been shared between us all...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

+ Reply to Thread