To start off with, you all know, I have several Orvis products right down to the socks I wear.
I love their gear, so this ISN'T a bashing thread, but what now thread.

I have a T3 rod that I bought shortly after they came out in 2001. Price on this rod was $610. Nine foot, six weight, tip flex, four piece, with aluminum tube, Titanium guides and nickel silver reel seat and ambonia wood insert.
The serial number tells when the rod was built.
Okay, I need to send it in as the finish some how is coming off on the third piece and the connection on the third and forth piece (ferrule) is almost gone. The pieces are touching.

I sent it in to get it fixed, but then it occurred to me, they might replace it.
This isn't good as they have now done the same thing with the T3 as they did with the Helios/Hydros (cheaper parts - lowered the price) except they are discontinuing the T3 (price after hardware change $495, / closeout price $400.)

I am pretty sure the rod is fixable, but I called to out what if.
After bantering back and forth that the new T3 was unacceptable, I was told the Hydros would be the replacement.
I told them, as much as I would like to try the Hydros, this too is unacceptable as it list for $495. and the replacement I want (as per the Orvis warranty of AT LEAST equal value) must be in the $610. price range.

They don't have anything anymore in that range! So not sure what the answer is on this and what about My Zero Gravity?

What is you all's thought on this?