Visited Pine Island Sound again today. Took my friend, Capt. Al White of Boca on the Fly. Tide was again right for tailing redfish.

With low tide scheduled for 9:30, we had a couple of hours to waste. So, we paddled to the backcountry and fooled around with snook, mangrove snapper and spotted seatrout. Al took a number of snook at the first stop. I was lucky enough to get trout and snook very quickly. I saw a number of decent snook and quite a few redfish in the shallows, but didn't hook up.

We headed outside, but saw just one tailer. So, we went back inside. Didn't take long before I poled up on a tailer. The fish was no more than 15 feet off my bow. I stopped the kayak, picked up my fly rod and made a cast. The fish didn't see the fly. I cast again. As soon as the fly got near the fish, he turned and ate. Turned out to be a really nice red. It took a First Cast Crab in about 12 inches of water. Good fight. After a quick photo, I released it.

We fooled around and caught a couple of more snook, then decided to call it a day. We enountered a couple of tailers on the way back, but couldn't draw any interest.

Tides are good over the next few days.

This was my second straight slam this week on fly.