Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
How are the eyes attached? Did you burn a hole in the hair and then glue the eyes in? I always wonder about durability with eyes. That looks like a nice pattern, might have to tie some of those up for a friend that I have in TX.
You got it. Use a tool that was given to me by a Urologist. Sorry guys! Has three tips that heat up bright orange and will burn just about anything you touch including some metal. Have to be careful not to drop in your lap. :^0

I trim the yes so that they still have a bit of a stem and use epoxy to set. All the glues I have tried tend to fall off after about 4 fish so the epoxy tends to hold the eyes onto the hair until the hair is just plain beat up by rocks, fish etc... I try my best to pack the hair as tight as I can. I like to be able to squeeze them and not change the shape of the fly on certain patterns others I like it loose so it feels more realistic to the fish like certain mouse patterns.

I am experimenting with some flies now that are deer hair divers that have been completely coated in epoxy. They look amazing especially the large (JUMBO) muddlers.
I will post patterns and successes once I get a few details worked out. Color is turning after a few days in the sun and water.

Thanks for all the comments. I like to fish em too!