+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: selling etiquette

Had I only known? What must I have been thinking? And John, et TU Brute?

Mark
    PS: And ,as an afterthought, perhaps the "et TU.........." was ANOTHER slip. And Gigante, "preevus" is a werd i heered in jorja neerbouts makun.
    Last edited by Marco; 11-18-2009 at 01:37 PM.

Unhappy

Getting back to the subject of this thread, and being serious for a minute, I am in need of some etiquette and thought I was going to have a chance to buy some at a good price. Dang ......

If anyone has any for sale, I'LL TAKE IT !!
    The fish are always right.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
    Getting back to the subject of this thread, and being serious for a minute, I am in need of some etiquette and thought I was going to have a chance to buy some at a good price. Dang ......

If anyone has any for sale, I'LL TAKE IT !!
    I have tons of the stuff. I store it up and hardly ever use it. I will gladly sell some to you. How much money you got?
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Western Portal Sequoia National Forest & the G.T.W., Kern River, CA.

Wink You're probably not going to be thrilled by this.

The first I'll take it, doesn't always mean they'll follow through with the sale. In the interim, other interested parties may have moved on.

The way I view it, it's my property until I accept payment. Until then, I'll decide to whom it will be sold or given away to.
    More frequently than not, I'm now checking the posting history of respondents. If I deem them active contributing members of the board, they'll receive preferential treatment and until that policy is disallowed by the administration, I'll continue to use that as my guide. Based on my experiences, I'm not about to do business with anyone whose entire posting history is limited to the classified section.

Best, Dave

I tend to agree with Dave E on this. I could see why you would be a little apprehensive selling something to someone who only posts in the classifieds or has very few posts. Doing a little looking into the person's background on the board would be beneficial.....to kind of get a feel for who you are dealing with.

I've never sold anything here, but I've bought a few things. I've never had anything remotely bad happen. All transactions were smooth and timely. But that's just a reflection of the way this board works.

my 2 cents
    Brian

dave e, i like your ideas as well. certainly contingencies such as a buyer not following thru are things to take into consideration. i guess my main point is that questions about an item or expressing an interest in said item does not guarantee you that item. have seen it on this and other forums when folks get their panties in a bunch and feel as if they've been screwed, but ultimately never actually committed to buying something. bottom line is the item is the seller's and he can decide who he wants to sell to, period.

+ Reply to Thread