+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Way OT - DO you like cats ??

Hybrid View

Red face Way OT - DO you like cats ??

Ok, .. I know, ... I've been a Dawg person for years and years. I had cats too, but always considered myself a dog person first and foremost.

Well, .. My Liliane has started raising CATS !!!

They take up quite a bit of space, but then again, she loves 'em and I get a life time supply of dubbing!

http://www.chatteriefriso.com/En_Welcome.html

Christopher Chin

Quote Originally Posted by fcch View Post
    Ok, .. I know, ... I've been a Dawg person for years and years. I had cats too, but always considered myself a dog person first and foremost.

Well, .. My Liliane has started raising CATS !!!

They take up quite a bit of space, but then again, she loves 'em and I get a life time supply of dubbing!

It absorbs too much water.....Ask me how I know!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    It absorbs too much water.....Ask me how I know!
    Was it still attached to the cat?

The Guard Poodle ranks cats about 4 steps lower than squirrels. She does her best to keep the yard free of both. Good Girl!
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Quote Originally Posted by kbproctor View Post
    The Guard Poodle ranks cats about 4 steps lower than squirrels. She does her best to keep the yard free of both. Good Girl!

I had a golden retriever with the same opinion. I always rewarded him when he rid the yard of a cat.

The problem was that he never did learn to distinguish between a cat and a skunk.

Cats are the devil's familiars. I would make a point of keeping two silver implements within reach at all times so that they can be formed into a crucifix in an emergency. You never know.
    Bob

Used to be a cat hater - when I was a little kid, I stuffed my sister's cat in a drawer and closed it. Not a good idea.

Living in an apartment, I can't have a dog now. Same sister that owned the "drawer cat" got me one. I REALLY didn't want one, but he's grown on me. Mine thinks he's a dog, so it's all good. Really convenient too, since I can leave him at home without worrying about letting him out to do his duty....

I think I have the only cat in existence that actually listens to me - mine loves to watch me tie flies, but has NEVER messed with any tying materials I leave out. He also likes to watch turkey hunting shows on TV, and will sit at the window and make "turkey calls" to the birds outside. It's hilarious!

He's my little buddy, and I wouldn't trade him for anything.

Blog Entries

I loudly profess to not like cats. I even went so far as to tell my step kids that they could not have cats because I was allergic to them. However, my Mother's cat took a liking to me. Darn thing would not leave me alone when I went to visit. Mom kept trying to tell me that she would not go near any other man including my younger brother. I almost took her when Mom passed on, but my baby sister wanted her so I figured that was much easier than trying to explain to 4 step-daughters that I really was not allergic to cats after all.

A cat might find a home here someday, but it will have to convince the Guard Poodle it deserves to be here.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

We've always had both cats and dogs 25+ years
    I never cared a lick about the cats 'till 'Bob' showed up at the back door one day.
    He's one smart little guy
    Among his other talents, he watches out for his four bothers and sisters, rounding them up when they try to leave the yard.
    Really changed my mind about cats
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

Quote Originally Posted by kbproctor View Post
    Was it still attached to the cat?

Noooo. I wouldnt do that to the little guy. I even have a warning sign on the dash of the MoHo announcing I have an "attack cat" on board....

Blog Entries

Yes, but it takes a lot of ketchup.

My only pet is a spider.

I'm a dog person. I have a Springer Spaniel named Ghillie.

We, as in VEE and I, also have two cats. An 11 year old white cat that I rescued from a barn. His ears and nose were badly sunburned from being outdoors so I took him home to recuperate. That was about 10 1/2 years ago. His name is Kink, from the double crook in his tail.

I also have a rescued long hair orange and white cat. I got her when she was about 6 weeks old. Someone dumped her on the street. I'm taking care of her till I find her a good home. I got her in October of 1992. Still haven't found her a home as good as this one. Her name is Bu**wipe from her kitten habit of unrolling the toilet paper.

Chris, those are very pretty cats, what breed are they?
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

+ Reply to Thread