DBK2, the fish is from a public reservoir in southern Alberta that is fast gaining a reputation as a trophy quality fishery, and needs friends so I don't mind mentioning it. Bullshead Reservoir. The limit is one fish over 50cm (20 inches) and there are plenty to go around. Most of the days fish would be around 4-6lbs, with the odd one going 7+.

Fortunately enough, I have never had to fish really deep with chironomids to get into the fish. I have found that when they are active (at least for me and MY circumstances) they'll be in water 12ft or less. I almost always use a strike indicator in this depth (makes it a bit hard to land them when your rod is only 9ft though!!!) unless of course the fish are chasing leeches or scuds or something other than chironomids.

I have never heard of a quick release indicator... I assume you could tie one on when fishing 20ft and when you set the hook hard it would just pop off to allow normal playing of the fish without the indicator getting in the way? Are there any links to this product you could share?

Brian

------------------
[url=http://bowcrow.tripod.com:9c736]Bowcrow Fishing Adventures[/url:9c736]