Yeah, I should say that I don't use indicators to go past about 12 foot depth. Then it's sinking line, counting down each cast, etc.

Here is another deadly technique when using a strike indicator (in fairly calm conditions). Once every 2 minutes make a long slow steady pull (about a yard long, taking maybe 10 seconds to do so). This will cause your flies to come up from near the bottom and move up slightly in the water column, and sometimes this can trigger the fish. If it's working when you do this and not when the flies are sitting still suspended under the indicator, then I proceed to pull much more often (one pull, sit for 10 seconds, another pull, repeat). Just remember, any odd motions of the indicator means a hit. 90% of the time it will just be a the indicator slowly going down. You'll only get better with practice!

Being successfull at lake fishing in a productive lake will in the end probably catch you larger trout more consistently than any river will, but you do have to be willing to "stare at a bobber all day long" or fish very boring and tedious methods sometimes. But if the fishing is "on" there won't be too many dull moments!

Brian

------------------
[url=http://bowcrow.tripod.com:7155b]Bowcrow Fishing Adventures[/url:7155b]