Sorry for the rant but this stuff ticks me off!!

http://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/s...ad.php?t=32187

I PM'd PennsCreek with interest in his item, he responds that it is still available, I reply with a payment inquiry, someone posts "I'll Take It" an hour and a half later, and this morning he tells me it's sold and that MY inquiry wasn't serious!!!

I have bought quite a few things from folks on FAOL and NEVER post a reply on their thread, but instead used private messaging since I really don't feel the need to advertise what I am purchasing. For the most part this has worked perfectly when the seller is scrupulous.

This is the second time I have been burnt by someone playing games with the timeline or arbitrarily deciding who will get their items based on who knows what.

I realize that the FAOL For Sale Board is an open selling format and real rules like employed by eBay don't apply, it is all based on common courtesy, something that in a few cases seems to be nonexistent.

I'm glad I didn't lose any money which is why I am cautious with the way I deal with on-line sellers. In this case, I re-learned a valuable lesson:

Expect to get screwed by sellers you don't know!