+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New forceps too shiny!!

Bass_Bug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lotech View Post
    I used to work in the medical field and I had an acquaintance give me a 3 pound coffee can full of used hemostats. She promised me that they had been autoclaved (sterilized with heat and pressure), plus I soaked them in bleach for about an hour. That's overkill I know, but it felt better doing it that way. The chrome finish has never bothered me. I actually use a pair of presentation grade, gold hemostats sometimes. Kind of unique. Come to think of it, I'd better put them on a zinger. I'd hate to lose them.
    I have a good friend who is an ER nurse who supplies me with disposable hemo's and scissors. The scissors are too big for gerneral tying, but they are great for wire, tinsel, thicker quills and like materials that are unfriendly to good tying scissors. The scissors are all bright chrome, but the hemo's are satin stainless.

If you know ANYONE in the medical field, ask them for disposable items like these. Specially Dr's offices and Urgent Care's etc.

Default How About...?

If you think the shiny forceps bother the trout, which I don't believe personally, why don't you hook them inside your vest and let them hang there? What I have done, and this is related to forceps, is buy a cheap magnetic net holder. I hooked one magnet to my vest and the other to my forcepts. It works great.
    Bruce

+ Reply to Thread