+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Boo Question

Default Boo Question

I don't watch that much TV but I did happen to see a show on ffing a week or so ago that featured a bamboo rod maker. It showed him fishing with one of the rods he had made. When he was fighting the fish he turned the rod upside down so that the bottom or belly of the rod was skyward. He said that he did this so that the fibers of the boo would compress evenly and the rod would not take a set. On the surface this sounds reasonable but I was wondering if it is a standard practice?

thank you,
    Rusty <><

------------------
    "PC" is for Plant City not Politically Correct. if you wanna catch something ya gotta get a hook in the water

Yes, particularly if you are working a fish which is of good size on a light weight or delicate rod. I suspect that in all but the most extreem of cases there would be little or no harm for one fish worked with out doing this, but since most of the boo folks like to think a good rod should last many decades and many owners, that might add up to a lot of fish. Also boo folks seem to love, cherish and obsess about a good rod. Fortunatly we are for the most part a harmless bunch and represent a danger only to ourselves.
    AgMD

It's good practice if you are fighting a good fish in heavy water especially if you only have a 1 tip rod and fish it a lot. Rods with 2 tips allow the angler to rest one to allow the stresses to relax and stabilize. It's not necessary for fish that don't really tax the rod. Regards.........

------------------
    Oct Woods
    Visit my website:
    [url=http://mysite.verizon.net/vze2h7gi/fishnbanjossliceoflifeincyberspacecopy/index.html:d1d3a]Fishnbanjos Place[/url:d1d3a]

+ Reply to Thread