Dave and Hertiage Angler Hello,

Dave, the AEG is on the fast side of medium fast and is a cannon. It will cast a whole line with not much effort, just a few extra tugs on the line and and 70' feet of line is sailing through the guides in a nice tight loop. The blank flexs about half way down the shaft, with lots of reserve power. From what I understand the AEG 905/3 is a resurection of the old gray series which is considered one of the better 5 wt. tapers that has been developed. For me this rod and the Rio Gold WF 5 F is a near perfect match. The blank does flex differently from American rods and is not quite as light as a Z Axis or a Helios but a wonderful rod. I am pretty sure it is made in Asia, South Korea I think. Finally, it has two stripping guides and 7 snakes for a total of nine guides. Sweet rod!

Hertiage Angler,
That is great you won the 99 4 wt. Christmas came early for you!!!!!! You are right the 99 4 wt. is much more than just a bobber, multi - fly lobber. I like the slightly slower action than the Z Axis. I was going to assemble a 9'6" 4 wt. Z Axis but am now leaning towards a 99 4 wt. I will have to cast it a few more times to be sure. I mostly bobber fish stillwater with nymphs, midges and soft hackle wets for bass, trout and panfish and the 99er seems like it would be well suited for this type of fly rodding. It also seems like a great rod for swinging wets and getting nice long drifts with a nymph in a stream or river. Finally, the rare time I fish a dry I am sure it work well for that too. Fish as much as you can. You do not want to be at the end of your life with too much sick time on the books!

Lanny