Hello fellow fly fishers:

I was wondering if any of you fish loop rods and if so what you think of them. I recently received a Loop AEG 905/3 for a gift and must say it is a wonderful rod. I was recently in the eastern Sierras here in California, and used this rod most of the week and really enjoyed it. It has a very pleasing medium fast action and with a RIO gold WF 5 F line the rod cast long and short very well. One of the best fish of the week was a 17" wonderfully colored rainbow that was sipping midges about two feet from the bank in about a foot of water. The Loop rod made this delicate short cast great and on the second cast I hooked this fish, it ran into the current near a weed bed and the fight was on. The Loop turned this fish with no problems and I was able land it and release it quickly.

The build quilty of the rods is first class and it has a very unique, beautifully machined reel seat. The grip is this synthetic/ rubberized cork blend that is very confortable and durable. All in all a great rod that I am very happy to own. In other fly fishing maddeness I recently tried the Sage 99 4 wt. This rod was awsome and is designed what for what I do most fish bobber and nymph fishing. I see a 99 4 wt. blank in the near future.

Lanny