Rick,

Trojans are nasty and there really isn't a nicer way to put it. Getting it resolved is going to be painful, but it is something anyone can do.

First, if you have another system or a friend with a system you can use you'll want to get a virus scanner rescue disk. This allows you to scan your system from a bootable CD and should get around any virtual memory issues you are having. If you don't have a rescue disk you'll need to try and visit Norton or McAfee as suggested and run their online scanner. Problem is many trojans prevent you from accessing such sites which prevents you from using these tools. Norton's is available at http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/WelcomePage.asp . Just to mention normally the media you get when you buy an AV scanner is a bootable disk which acts as a rescue disk in situations like yours.

Second, once you know what the Trojan is you can see if your AV solution of choice can remove it. If it does great you are set and can move on. If not you can PM me the details and I'll research it and supply you with removal instructions. Normally these are little involved but like I said anyone can do it. If however this is one of the really nasty trojans the only solution may be to completely flatten the system and start over. This will of course require backing up your data and then either installing the OS and applications from scratch or paying someone else to do it depending on your comfort level.

Finally, once you have you system clean keep your AV solution up to date and running at all times. Presently I'm using the new Microsoft Security Essentials and it works at least as well as Norton if not better and is free. Sadly it doesn't offer "rescue" functionality or I would have suggested it for your situation.

Hope this helps and feel free to PM me with any questions.

Brian
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)