+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Florida Everglades bass fishing

Default Florida Everglades bass fishing

Looking for a good fly fishing guide for the Everglades & canals: for bass
    Any recommendations?

Rap, sorry I can't help you but since this is your first post I just wanted to welcome you aboard!

Though I don't know whether or not they fish freshwater, I do know that there is alot of info at [url=http://www.evergladesangler.com:c3bb7]www.evergladesangler.com[/url:c3bb7]

I was down there a couple of weeks ago. I fished the Tamiami trail, between Shark Valley and Miami, and didn't have much luck. It was a bit cold that day, though.

You might try Capt. Charles Wright. he's at [url=http://www.chokoloskeecharters.com.:6bd0a]www.chokoloskeecharters.com.[/url:6bd0a] He is south of Naples on the west coast ans specializes in saltwater and kayak fishing but LMB might be within his grasp.

Rusty <><

------------------
    if you wanna catch something ya gotta get a hook in the water

Rap

Welcome on board.

Sorry no info about the glades but if you decide to fish the big pond drop me an e-mail and I'll give you a guide that took my son out and made them happy.

Glades bass and those canal bass get big, bring saltwater equipment. A 15 lb bass is common in that area. I landed a 10 lb on a 9 wt and had all the fun I wanted.. You should be fine with a 8 or 9 wt, bass will not run as far as some other fish but you get one it will stand toe to toe with you and slug it out for a little while.

If you do not take a camera with you, you will regret it. The glades can be one of the most beautiful places in the world.

Keep you hands out of the water...That is how most of us pirates got one handed. Gator bait.

Plenty of snakes but he guide will keep you safe from them. Watch out for key deer, about the size of a big dog and not many left.

IF you are driving down let us know and maybe just maybe we can kidnap you for dinner or such....

Our Own Mike Franz aka miamivise might be able to steer you in the right direction. He is familiar with the southern part of our fishing area. But if you go that far south and do not try the peacock bass that are on the south side you will be sorry.
    Jim Hatch and I have been trying to get there for 3 years.

Good luck and come visit us at the fish-in.

Harold

+ Reply to Thread