+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CRANBERRY BREAD - Whats cooking - November 9, 2009

Blog Entries

Default CRANBERRY BREAD - Whats cooking - November 9, 2009

CRANBERRY BREAD

Ol' Blue gives us a recipe just in time for the holidays. This looks mighty tasty.

Blog Entries

A surprise entry! I'm glad you found it worth posting, though.
    Better to be an active environmentalist than and environmental activist.

FFMIRSWTNBOF
    (Full Fledged Member in Raunchy Standing-Within The NBOF)

Cool Photo?

Hey Blue? You did notice the photo, right? We did make it! *S* Yummy, it is a keeper.

Blog Entries

I did see that. It looked good and gave me the urge to bake some myself. Did yours disappear as fast as mine usually does?
    I'm getting ready to start raiding the local grocery stores of their fresh cranberries, but they haven't arrived until this week. I bring some in to work for my guys, and they are starting to ask questions about it, so I know it's time.

FFMIRSWTNBOF

I just did a 'search' for this one - and I found a bread pan in the cupboard which will work. Put cranberries and pecans on the grocery list for later today, I bought some cranberries last week for the orange/cranberry relish and was very surprised to find the Ocean Spray berries I am accustomed to are NOT available at Safeway here. It was another brand and they were just fine....adventures in moving south for the winter *S*
    If you haven't made this one, remember to use sugar instead of flour inside your pan - really makes a big difference!

ol'blue/LadyFisher,

I've got the knife and the cutting board, but for some reason theres NO cranberry cake on it. Man, thats just not right! LOL!!! I could almost smell that baking from here. Must be carrying on the winds we're starting to get this evening! Thanks for the recipe. Can you make it in a toaster if you turn the toaster on its side?? My stove top works but the oven thingy does not. Oh Well!

Best regards, Dave S.

The wonderful cranberry bread will soon make an appearance in Tucson! Just printed out the recipe and ready to make it up. I do have to tell you all one of the joys of buying a new place - the small roasting chicken took 3 hours at 350 degrees in the Hotpoint electric oven. Trav chaced the problem and figured out the previous owners had tried to calibrate the oven using the instructions on their troubleshooting website. He did get it so it is only 5 degrees off at 350 but 50 at 300. As long as I can put another thermometer in the oven at the same time I think I'm safe, yes I know the other one is accurate. Gee whiz, all I wanted to do was make some cranberry bread! (It's so good it is worth the effort!)
    Hugs,
    LF

Blog Entries

Something is definitely wrong. I haven't had any cranberry bread this year. I put in an order with my wife to pick up some cranberries when she goes to the store this week, and I'll cook some up for the weekend. Thanks for the reminder! My favorite Thanksgiving/Christmas bread!

FFMIRSWTNBOF

Trav is teaching a class at the Park this morning, so I will treat myself to a 'light' lunch of a nice toasted slice of Cranberry Bread! Really good stuff.

Blog Entries

It's that time of year again. I just tasted our first loaf of the year. Thought I'd bump the thread while cranberries are on post-thankgiving discount pricing. I even made an extra loaf for the guys at work.

FFMIRSWTNBOF

+ Reply to Thread