Thread: Not FF - Assembly instructions

Threaded View

Chris, yes, I know about some of the schemes. You can wire it to a drier plug and plug it into the drier outlet. Turn off the main switch and fire up the generator. It will spread 120ac through out all the 120 outlets in the house. I should not be posting this. Now I will get sued. This is definitely NOT UP TO CODE>

I will state...

THIS IS A RUMOR ONLY. I HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU HAVE A PROFESSIONAL ELECTRICIAN INSTALL YOUR BACK UP GENERATOR SWITCH BOX.

You can also wire it yourself to the bottom of your circuit breaker box main buss bar and throw the switch. This is also not up to code and not recommended by me. However, the generator has ckt breakers. Not like a house with a constant supply of A/C to really roast you up for thanksgiving. It the generator ckt breakers trip.....no more A/C to the house anyway.

I am going to have mine installed by a master electrician. He quoted me $250 a long time ago.

I am curious....will your switch be an automatic start up when A/C fails?. OH....never mind. Mine does not have an electric starter nor battery anyway. Forget this question.

I will have to go out with a flash light and fire mine up manually anyway.

Jim
    Last edited by Gemrod; 11-10-2009 at 03:15 AM.