+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ever feel like you just can't get ahead?

Hybrid View

Default Ever feel like you just can't get ahead?

So moved to this fishing paradise of Vancouver Island, have had zero time, money or opportunity to take my poor fly rods out of their cases since I got here. Finally, have a buddy who's going, has room and is willing to let me tag along. Oops...no waders. They're still in Newfoundland for another couple weeks. Buddy has extra but they're stocking foot and I have no boots....sorry running shoes, but I'm too fat and lazy to run anyway Crap...how do I meet them at the Tim's in Langford for 7? No car, the buses don't run until 9am on sundays and last time I left my bike in that parking lot for more than 5 minutes I rode home with no seat (damn punks).... so I ask you...do you ever get the feeling the fishing God's are not your best friends?

Oh...since this is the learning experience section, the lesson is don't leave ANY fishing gear anywhere...always have a pair of waders on hand

Unhappy

Sorry Humber Brad, that's tough luck Look at it this way, God is friends with the fish too, maybe he's afraid you'll catch them all.
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

But I put them back!! LOL

... so I ask you...do you ever get the feeling the fishing God's are not your best friends?

Only for about the last 40 years or so.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Fair enough, Lotech....I actually did get out yesterday and despite finding the run to be essentially over for this year and what few chums were left to be in pretty rough shape, I was able to show the doubters you can fly fish on these tight rivers and I was finally able to try that egg pattern I've had in my fly tin for ages....didn't do mush as I don't think there were many trout in the system but I got to give it a whirl. Heading to a local lake that was stocked a couple of weeks ago...this year round fishing season thing is pretty easy to get used to

So looking back, going fishing without the best of conditions still is better than a lot of alternatives. How did that egg pattern do, I need to give that a try here in GA. I understand it's that time of the year on the Chattahoochee.

Life wears you down or sharpen you up, depending on what you are made of.
    Last edited by Uncle Jesse; 11-18-2009 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Because I can't type very well
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Hummer,
    I wish I had your energy and tenacity. This cold weather turns me into a recluse. It's only mid November and already I'm looking forward to Spring. I've come to realize that mowing the lawn is a small price to pay for warmer weather.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

+ Reply to Thread