+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not impressed with Fly Tyers Dungeon

Hybrid View

Default Not impressed with Fly Tyers Dungeon

Two weeks ago I sent them an order for one of their fly boxes. Have sent two emails asking if they received my order and has it been shipped. I also have left one voice mail. Prior to sending them an order I sent an email and left a voice mail with some questions. No reply.

So buyer be ware. I would not do business with them.

http://flytyersdungeon.com/
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Maybe they are too into Dungeons and Dragons to get back to you.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

That is pretty much what to expect there. It's a one man operation and things get done when they get done. That is the tradeoff for the low prices. His reputation for eventually shipping the stuff as well as the quality and quantity of product is good so expect to get your order eventually.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Default No problem

I've had no problems with the Dungeon. As was previously stated, he may be slow getting out the orders, but I've always received them.
    Bruce

Blog Entries

Yeah, I'm the same way. I preordered one of the Christmas promos, and haven't heard a peep since. E-mails have been ignored. I guess he'll get with me eventually if he wants payment.
    Better to be an active environmentalist than and environmental activist.

FFMIRSWTNBOF
    (Full Fledged Member in Raunchy Standing-Within The NBOF)

Well I finally got a reply back.

" I am sending your check back. I don't have any in stock and I am not sure when they will arrive. Thanks.

If you don;t like how I do business, then never buy from me again. I am a one man band and I make about every material I sell from raw product, dyeing, processing etc., that's why my prices are extremely low. I don't buy from the same distributors as everyone else, but actually make my products, research materials, handle shipping, emails, web site, computer problems (which have been present lately), sweeping floors etc. I' ve been doing this longer than the age of most fly tyers. Emails get missed, problems occur."

Sincerely,

Mad Scientist
    Fly Tyers Dungeon

Needless to say I won't be doing business with him again. I can appreciate that he is a one man band, but when you don't return emails or voice messages, that tells me that he isn't interested in his customers. And I could care less how long he has been doing this. I'm almost 60 and would not use my age as a defense for sloppiness.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

I love the guy, I love his products, I love how generous he's been to me when he ships me my orders and has put in more than I paid for. Communication isn't his thing. As long as you know that going in, you choose to deal with it or not. Me, I'm ok with a little chaos from a mad scientist when it comes to experimenting with some new inexpensive tying supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by anglerdave View Post
    Well I finally got a reply back.

" I am sending your check back. I don't have any in stock and I am not sure when they will arrive. Thanks.

If you don;t like how I do business, then never buy from me again. I am a one man band and I make about every material I sell from raw product, dyeing, processing etc., that's why my prices are extremely low. I don't buy from the same distributors as everyone else, but actually make my products, research materials, handle shipping, emails, web site, computer problems (which have been present lately), sweeping floors etc. I' ve been doing this longer than the age of most fly tyers. Emails get missed, problems occur."

Sincerely,

Mad Scientist
    Fly Tyers Dungeon

Needless to say I won't be doing business with him again. I can appreciate that he is a one man band, but when you don't return emails or voice messages, that tells me that he isn't interested in his customers. And I could care less how long he has been doing this. I'm almost 60 and would not use my age as a defense for sloppiness.
    AT LEAST THE GUY IS HONEST !! He didn't give you corporate-speak bull crap. He told you like it is. I miss that in America. Sounds like I might order from him myself. Throw the rat-bastard politically-correct out of office and put guys like this in and we won't have any more mess!!
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

Default Not in a hurry

I spent a lifetime of work doing things on time, in a hurry, by a schedule. Now I do things without a rush and life is MUCH better.
    The quality is good and the prices are excellent. I'm not going to get exercised if a small businessman takes a bit longer than usual.

I like him, too. When last I looked at his site, the fly boxes were on back order.

+ Reply to Thread