Been off for a spell - finalizing the move, getting kids settled in school, fall yard work, and of course getting a bug that took a couple weeks to shake.

Getting around to finishing the strips for the bamboo hex (Garrison 212E). Had the butt section done a couple weeks back. Now ... just had to get the tips done (I'm used to dealing with small thousandths of an inch at work) - however with composites, aluminum, steels, titanium, etc .... not with bamboo. This almost scared the beejeezers outta me .... but - I had to do it. Learned a lot from the butts, moreso, learned a lot of patience is needed, no major 7+thou swipes ... time is your friend ... and keep a sharp blade (essentially after every 2 strips - sharpen it). Well - I ain't getting any younger, and the strips aren't planing themselves ..... Pitter-patter I said......

I had a brief thought .. 'ya know, out of all the planing I've done - no 'boo blood was spilled'. ....... I shouldn't have thought it - 2 swipes later, strip went to jump, I caught it and EL-SLICE-O ..... boo-blood.

Anyhow, just need to build my oven, dry them, scrape to final and finish them off. But ... you know ....... this is all going too well for me ....... maybe it's been the practice over the past year and a half with PMQ's and hex tomato stakes, or ..... something VERY VERY wrong is going on and I just don't know it yet.

Well, I gotta be off and running. A load of other bits to do (but right now, time for kidlets to be stuffed into their beds).

darrell,