+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lamson LP series reels

Western Portal Sequoia National Forest & the G.T.W., Kern River, CA.

Question Lamson LP series reels

Hello,

Are there any of you that are currently using these specific reel models on a regular basis ?

Lamson LP 2

Lamson LP 3

Lamson LP 3.5

If so, would you mind chiming in with which ones you use and the number of reels ( not spools ) that you have of each? If you have more than one and are not using them regularly, why is that?

Sorry, not looking for LP Lite users.

Thanks gang, Dave

I've got several LP 2's, no spare spools cause I sold them.
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

I still have my LP-2. I have it as a back up. It is a great reel with a very good drag system, the drag clutch was starting to not engage correctly a couple of years ago and I found out then that that part is no longer available. I took the clutch apart cleaned it and relubed it, now it seems to work fine. But I still bought a replacement reel to be on the safe side. And keep my LP-2 because it was the frist good fly reel I bought

Dave,

I still have the LP 2 and LP 3.5 though they are seeing much less use today than in the past. The LP 3.5 being replaced by large arbor reels and the LP 2 by larger spring and pawl reels. I think I may sell off the 3.5 and spare spool this fall, but the 2 was the first good reel I bought and I'll hold on to it for a while longer.

Western Portal Sequoia National Forest & the G.T.W., Kern River, CA.

Hey Guys,

Thank you for chiming in. A quick explanation of what I was up to, might be in order. I was going through one of my old equipment bags and found a stash of LP clutches and a few handle assemblies, etc. Rather than simply announcing that I had a bunch of parts to give away and starting a free for all. I was hoping to identify LP users that might have a reel that is out of commission and to get those specific parts into their hands.
    I posted this same basic message on a couple of boards and have now pretty much exhausted the supply.

Thanks again, Dave

I wish I had seen the other boards.

Guess this will be a few days late & a few posts short of spare parts, but have a Lamson 3.5 & spare spool with a WF-8-F & a WF-8-I that is for the mangroves, flats & beach which works extremely well now that I know to turn the drag knob about 3/4 of the way down when fly fishing for spanish mackeral; which will swim off like a bonefish on it's first run leaving absolutely no drag when the pawl flips up. Great reel that is very easy to service & clean after a days workout on the water! With a lifetime warranty, didn't consider the parts would become obsolete back when ( about 9 years ago ) the reel had to be sent back to the factory for an upgrade on the disk drag dot.
    Last edited by saltydancindave; 11-11-2009 at 12:04 AM. Reason: spelling

+ Reply to Thread